Mauricio Pochettino

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Are we sure he's good enough to manage a top team or a team aspiring to be great?

I understand that he overachieved with Spurs and got to a CL final, although Ajax outplayed them and just collapsed in the last 15 minutes.

Morten

Are we sure he's good enough to manage a top team or a team aspiring to be great?

I understand that he overachieved with Spurs and got to a CL final, although Ajax outplayed them and just collapsed in the last 15 minutes.

If you look at his last season with Spurs, they were collapsing domestically, and had some moments of fortune to take them past City, and then Ajax.

I know PSG would like to give him at least a bit of time, but does Poch even get to stay if he cant even manage to win the league?

serghei

I think he's good, not elite, but good. Totally the wrong fit for a club like PSG though. Zidane would be the best option for them, I reckon if they get Zidane they win the CL in the first 2 seasons with him.

FinBarcelonafan

I think he's good, not elite, but good. Totally the wrong fit for a club like PSG though. Zidane would be the best option for them, I reckon if they get Zidane they win the CL in the first 2 seasons with him.

True going from project like Tottenham to managing spoiled superstars. Good luck with that!

Andresito

Staff member
How far behind were they when Poch took over? 3p now.

Tuchel won 65% of league games before getting sacked, Poch has won 68% so far. Not a noticeable improvement.
I thought they played very well against Bayern and at times against City though. But I guess that group of players is extremely hard to manage. No consistency in performances at all.

FinBarcelonafan

Tuchel won 65% of league games before getting sacked, Poch has won 68% so far. Not a noticeable improvement.
I thought they played very well against Bayern and at times against City though. But I guess that group of players is extremely hard to manage. No consistency in performances at all.

Both matches PSG looked much better in the first half. I assume this is mostly to them running their legs and rest of the time trying to defend.

It's pretty bad way to play, if you can last only 45min.

Bobo32

Do you have quick numbers at hand for the same comparison between Tuchel/Lampard?

It looked like a win/win in both cases at first, and I guess numbers will say that Chelsea improved a bit, but in the end, I wonder how much these changes benefit the two clubs in the long run...

Home of Barca Fans