Mauricio Pochettino

Morten

Heard we are interested, between him and Conte i dont know, pros and cons to both.

Conte is a better league manager, but i reckon our veterans will hate him, and he is not a long-term manager either way.

Poch has a worse league record(especially now), so there are some question marks there.
Not nearly as demanding as Conte in general, but if he wants out of PSG already, then maybe he is?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Being a long-term manager for Real Madrid is a utopia anyway. Should choose the man that gives you the best chance to win titles the next 1-3 years.

Morten

Being a long-term manager for Real Madrid is a utopia anyway. Should choose the man that gives you the best chance to win titles the next 1-3 years.

Conte is very short-term though, doubt he's stay more than a season here, even with a league win.

Sterlingfan2000

Tuchel wasn't sacked because of his results. Otherwise, he would have got the sack after PSG elimination at home after having beaten MU 0-2 away. Instead, he got the sack after a 4-0 win. The reason why is Tuchel is known for having a bad temper and he was saying bad things about the guys above him (owner, sporting director) in the media. He was warned once and he did it again, warranting his dismissal. He often left his previous clubs due to bad relationship with his superiors.

PSG want to keep Pochettino because they don't sign a coach only for him to leave 6 months later usually. They believe(d) in him and Pochettino is the one interested in moving out apparently. PSG is right not to let him leave and at least should try to bag some fee if he were to leave.

Well Leonardo the fraud sold silva and Cavani and buyed Icardi. Also he changed the starting lineups before matches.

No coach would be happy with this

Newcomer

Well Leonardo the fraud sold silva and Cavani and buyed Icardi. Also he changed the starting lineups before matches.

No coach would be happy with this

Not specifically defending Leonardo because i criticized his choices a lot, especially not renewing Thiago Silva but the situation is not as clear cut as you think.

Thiago silva was losing his special tax status (r?gime d'impatriation), which means his gross wage were going to skyrocket. He had already one of the highest salary for a CB under the special status, so you can imagine without. I wasn't happy on the sporting side but it was a sensible decision on the financial side and on the long term side with Thiago Silva declining physically as he is approaching 40. Very happy for this legend and great guy to be able to win a CL. He deserves it.

Look at the last season of Cavani at PSG. Always injured, his goal rate has dropped and he was never a big factor in CL anyways. The guy has scored less goal in quarterfinals and beyond than Marquinhos. Cavani also showed his loyalty by refusing to play the Final 8 with us last year compared to Thiago Silva who played despite not being offered a new contract. Levels. Cavani season at MU isn't exactly special either and failed to score the goal to seal the deal for MU against PSG. It was totally the right call to let him go.

Now, where i totally agree with you is his recruitment is awful. Bar Navas, he has bought players only worse than the ones they were replacing. This was happening while PSG was very strained financially due to FFP. What i take from that situation is Leonardo is a pretty good sporting director when he has unlimited funds but is very lackluster when he has to do actual scouting and find some lesser known gems.

About Tuchel, he also had a feud with previous sporting director Antero Henrique. Tuchel went behind the back of Antero and bought Kehrer with the help of Pini Zahavi. Needless to say that Kehrer is an useless player for whom PSG has overpaid : 37 M for 1 year contract. Leonardo was brought back because Tuchel won the feud with Antero. Turns out he again had a feud with Leonardo and then talked shit in the media about the owner. No surprise he got the boot when they didn't fire him for his sporting shortcoming (elimination against MU first season, losing the Coupe de France last season, worst start of the league under QSI this season). I'm still happy he won the CL though. I have no ill feeling towards him.

I'm just seeing the whole situation with a broad mind and i know PSG wouldn't win with Tuchel, Cavani and TS either this year. There was a great physicial problem due to the lack of summer break and physical preparation. PSG players are already physicakl weaklings compared to Bayern and PL clubs and it was even the case against L1 clubs this year. PSG need to fix their fullback positions as soona s possible and i'm delighted to see Hernandez and Hakimi rumours. They are finally learning. Then it would need some strong midfielder too and PSG could actually be on par with the best.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!

No

Should choose the man that makes 1-3 world class players out of what he starts with with little other investment in the period where money is tight

KingLeo10

Who was that PSG poster who kept saying Tuchel was the reason PSG was failing to win a CL with Neymar and Mbappe.

Was it Newcomer? Or Lutece?

:lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Who was that PSG poster who kept saying Tuchel was the reason PSG was failing to win a CL with Neymar and Mbappe.

Was it Newcomer? Or Lutece?

:lol:

Definitely Lutece.

No

Should choose the man that makes 1-3 world class players out of what he starts with with little other investment in the period where money is tight

Sure, but if that man doesn't win he'll be gone after or within a year.

Altomonte

Will ManU go for Pochettino next year? If so, would Zidane be the right man to take over the PSG job? It is rumored that he is not interested in moving to England - his wife would not like it there.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans