Rey Manaj

Messi983

Those dots make it seem like you think it's a bad move

Wasn't really my point but yeah, thinking more about it I do believe going to Mallorca wouldn't be the best for him. They've signed Fer Nino on loan from Villarreal and he's younger, more talented and already has La Liga experience (something Rey doesn't have despite being older) so I expect him to be their starter. And then they have more experienced Abdon Prats and Angel Rodriguez as his backups. Don't think Rey would really get much minutes there. And from Barca's perspective I'd also prefer selling him instead of loaning. He's 24 and doesn't have any future at the club if Koeman won't give him a chance now in our current situation and after he had a pretty solid (start of the) preseason.

Anyway, now it seems he's close to join Spezia (BTW, their coach is Thiago Motta). We'll see if he can make it in Serie A. Either way, I wish him the best. He was seen as a bad signing in his first season but has improved a lot last year.

ajnotkeith

It seems like he pushed for the move. Reports were Koeman is happy to keep him around as sub 9 if no other 9 comes.

I would have liked to see him get a chance here. When he came he was in terrible, terrible shape but he genuinely looked dangerous when he slimmed down (club site says he dropped 10kilos). There are players like that that grow more in their early 20s then before. Especially in our situation, we are signing an old, average 9 probably so there wouldn't have been harm to give him a try, but as per Fabrizio/MD the club bringing in another 9 would happen due to his departure.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

After a tough start at Spezia under Motta, who has some quite unorthodox lineups and rotation schemes, Manaj looks to have now secured a place as a starter and scored his first Serie A goal for Spezia today in 2-2 draw with Sassuolo, in a great performance as CF.

Messi983

Spezia will not exercise the €2.7m purchase option to sign Rey Manaj. The player will return to Barcelona on July 1. Manaj's contract with Bar?a expires in 2023. — @sport

Our new striker

Home of Barca Fans