User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 136

Thread: Copa America 2020

  1. #61
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utumno
    Posts
    4,641
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    I dont count that one in the same way, you dont choose your nationality, while on the club level its a more even playing field.
    Take Haaland, for one, he is never going to accomplish anything much at the NT, it will be unfair to compare his NT career to Mbappe.
    sure, but its not like messi plays for angola. hes playing for argentina, which produces many many talented players. so i do think its relevant in his case

  2. #62
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    8,504
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    ill be convinced when he starts scoring decisive penalties consistently, wins anything with argentina, and takes barca to another CL. if not, then well always be a world class player for me, but far and away from the goat. that label has to mean something.
    Nah, you can keep your opinion.

    But, I'll always point out that people with far more footballing credentials have a different take on it and consider him easily GOAT tier. After all, that's evidence too. And a LOT (as in many, many people) of it.

  3. #63
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    8,155
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    Nah, you can keep your opinion.

    But, I'll always point out that people with far more footballing credentials have a different take on it and consider him easily GOAT tier. After all, that's evidence too. And a LOT of it.
    Would you rate Ronaldo GOAT tier ?

  4. #64
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    8,504
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    Would you rate Ronaldo GOAT tier ?
    I have Messi, Maradona, Pele ahead of him, and the order can be debated here. But then he's in the mix with Cruyff and DiStefano. Top 4-6 player ever easily.

  5. #65
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    8,155
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    I have Messi, Maradona, Pele ahead of him, and the order can be debated here. But then he's in the mix with Cruyff and DiStefano. Top 4-6 player ever easily.
    I can live with this answer

  6. #66
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,865
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Higuian scores 1/4 easy chances he was given then it'd all be over. Similarly if Eder doesn't score the greatest goal he will ever score in his life in injury time, people wouldn't get to pretend CR7 won Portugal a trophy. Smallest of margins, and yet more proof (like with the whole UCL debates) that only if your teammates perform are you going to win anything.

  7. #67
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    8,155
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    If Higuian scores 1/4 easy chances he was given then it'd all be over. Similarly if Eder doesn't score the greatest goal he will ever score in his life in injury time, people wouldn't get to pretend CR7 won Portugal a trophy. Smallest of margins, and yet more proof (like with the whole UCL debates) that only if your teammates perform are you going to win anything.
    In WC 2014 final argentinia had several great opportunities to score but they missed. I think Palacio had the best chance to score.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,023
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    If Higuian scores 1/4 easy chances he was given then it'd all be over. Similarly if Eder doesn't score the greatest goal he will ever score in his life in injury time, people wouldn't get to pretend CR7 won Portugal a trophy. Smallest of margins, and yet more proof (like with the whole UCL debates) that only if your teammates perform are you going to win anything.
    Spot on.

    Higuain or Palacio score those chances and Messi is considered the GOAT by everyone yet when you put it like that it seems ridiculous to be judged on that. That’s why consistency at highest level>winning a one off tournament.
    #TerStegenOUT

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Uncharted Extreme Northern Zanzibar
    Posts
    2,050
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Virgin Islands
    yeahhh... he da GOAT that carries the other GOATS

    Is there even another sport where individual talent has so little impact or plays a lesser role in match results? I dunno? maybe Cornish Hurling or Elephant Polo

    Too many ifs & variants to base on results alone Players on the field, refs and var, which way the wind and Lady Luck blow, grass length hehe, pitch dimensions, scoring ops...

    If anything, I?d say Messi is UNDERRATED, no joke. It?s not ?bout a trophy count, it's about the wizardry

    3:30 Alien Nation!!!

  10. #70
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    8,155
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Lets be honest, Khedira is better than Messi because of his WC win.....

    Just a joke my friend @KingLeo10 so a hate post against me isnt necessary
    Last edited by Fati_Future_BallonDor; 7th May 2021 at 04:36 PM.

  11. #71
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    8,504
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    Lets be honest, Khedira is better than Messi because of his WC win.....

    Just a joke my friend @KingLeo10 so a hate post against me isnt necessary
    Khedira eliminated CR7 in the group stages that WC

    Big L for Cristiano.

    Joking, of course.

  12. #72
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    8,155
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    Khedira eliminated CR7 in the group stages that WC

    Big L for Cristiano.

    Joking, of course.

    Loosing against germany shouldnt be embarrassing, Messi has witnessed it two times

  13. #73
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    8,504
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    Loosing against germany shouldnt be embarrassing, Messi has witnessed it two times
    Losing to Germany in a WC Final and QF is much better than losing to Germany in a Euro 1st round KO and WC group stages. I'd say the latter is pretty embarrassing.


  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Rassvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    1,277
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    Khedira eliminated CR7 in the group stages that WC
    You mean Jermaine Jones and Michael Bradley

  15. #75
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    8,504
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassvet View Post
    You mean Jermaine Jones and Michael Bradley
    That was just the icing on the cake. Germany prepped Portugal for the mighty US to finish them off.