Copa America 2020

Horatio

You're welcome
Nobody going to bring up how James has been holding back Colombia with his dated role and how they almost made it to final without him?

Been saying since a year now since Colombia Venezuela qualification game don't like James for Colombia that much. Colombian finally starting to see.
Falcao another story though. Huge miss when he is not playing.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Nobody going to bring up how James has been holding back Colombia with his dated role and how they almost made it to final without him?

Been saying since a year now since Colombia Venezuela qualification game don't like James for Colombia that much. Colombian finally starting to see.
Falcao another story though. Huge miss when he is not playing.

Didnt follow colombia much but in 2014 he was one of colombia's best players. Did his role change?

Altomonte

As to final (and that applies to all big NT tournaments), I cannot understand why there is always one team that gets less rest. Getting 4 days rest is already tough, but getting only 3 days is unfair when the opponent got 4 days.
How can this obvious injustice continue?
This time Argentina has one day less than Brazil to recuperate. It's unfair and should stop.

FinBarcelonafan

As to final (and that applies to all big NT tournaments), I cannot understand why there is always one team that gets less rest. Getting 4 days rest is already tough, but getting only 3 days is unfair when the opponent got 4 days.
This time Argentina has one day less than Brazil to recuperate. It's unfair and should stop.

At least there was no overtime.

Richard.H

Times like this I realize how corrupt and underdeveloped South American football is compared to European. Can the tournament be any more biased for Brazil?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Good point. I already said it for the WC14 when argentinia got one day less rest and had to play 120min while germany could relax after 45min or this euro belgium which got 6 days rest while portgual needed to play after 4 days. The most fair rule would be if all knockout stage matches would be played on the same day.

Messi983

Jos? Luis Chilavert (ex-Paraguay) on @Continental590"Messi's team and his teammates have to be prepared to defeat the Brazilian team, Neymar, VAR and the referee."

Jos? Luis Chilavert: "I would love that Messi escapes three or four times and can score three or four goals. When in doubt, they will favor the host (Brazil). The genius of Messi and his teammates, they have to play at a thousand percent."

FinBarcelonafan

Jos? Luis Chilavert (ex-Paraguay) on @Continental590"Messi's team and his teammates have to be prepared to defeat the Brazilian team, Neymar, VAR and the referee."

Jos? Luis Chilavert: "I would love that Messi escapes three or four times and can score three or four goals. When in doubt, they will favor the host (Brazil). The genius of Messi and his teammates, they have to play at a thousand percent."

Interesting he said that. I couldn't agree more
It will be mission impossible but please let it happen!

Even I am going to support Messi in the final and I am Brazilian.

That being said, I do think that Brazil is heavy favorite here. Tite knows how to stop Messi, he did it a couple times already. Also, Argentina usually chokes against Brazil even when they are favorites.

Home of Barca Fans