Copa America 2020

Hardy

Argentina has a a perennial inferiority complex to Brazil, when it was last time they beated them in official match? 2005 in World Cup qualification, if you consider major tournaments the last time was copa 1991 lol.

Devils

Emiliano Mart?nez: "You're nervous."
Mina chuckles
Emi: "You're laughing, but you're nervous"
Emi: "I know you already, fool. I know you."
Emi: "Look out, I'm gonna eat you alive. Look out, I'm gonna eat you alive."

wow.png

The anti-Ter Stegen

Andresito

Staff member
We jinxed our way through a penalty shootout last night. This weekend we try to make the impossible possible once again.

fergus90

south american trash talk and swearing just hits different. it's like the spanish talked over there was made for that. :lol:

i'm sold on this martinez chap now. bring him in leo!

He’s been immense for two seasons now. Knew he’d be great after his performances for us but glad he’s doing it on the big stage for the rest of the world to see.

Andresito

Staff member
south american trash talk and swearing just hits different. it's like the spanish talked over there was made for that. :lol:

i'm sold on this martinez chap now. bring him in leo!

Copa America brings out the South American in Leo as well lol. Can tell this means a lot. Heavily celebrated every penalty they scored and when Emi saved.

Dance now! Dance now! he screams after Mina's miss.
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/ofbw2v/messi_shouting_towards_yerry_mina_after_the/

eaman

That was nerve-wracking stuff. Should have been alot easier. Would've been with aguero for latauro who despite the goal doesn't bring a great amount in attack. Works hard which is great but not a whole lot else. Messi should've had at least another assist and would've with angel correa instead of gonzalez. After Colombia scored it showed what argentcan do if the coach is a more positive with the di Maria sub and the team keeping the ball and pressing higher. The thing is scaloni will probably be negative in the final and it might cost them. Even without a final win messi has proved he's the goat many years ago and last night again

Xaviniesta

Copa America brings out the South American in Leo as well lol. Can tell this means a lot. Heavily celebrated every penalty they scored and when Emi saved.

Dance now! Dance now! he screams after Mina's miss.
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/ofbw2v/messi_shouting_towards_yerry_mina_after_the/

more like suarez whatsapp message fuming at this:

Yerry Mina funny celebration after scoring in a penalty shoot-out vs Uruguay

fairly unusual messi reaction honestly. never seen him like that, ever

eaman

Great performance from Emi martinez in the shootout and throughout the tournament. From minute one you knew he was going to be a very safe top performer. Brilliant from di Maria as well. And of course messi. Created 3 clear chances and would be more if Argentina were able to keep the ball for longer periods in the game. Showed they can in the last 20 minutes

Home of Barca Fans