Messi983

gabriel_veron-676x338.jpeg

Full Name: Gabriel Veron Fonseca de Souza
Date of Birth: Sep 3 2002 (17)
Citizenship: Brazil
Current club: Palmeiras U17
Position: forward, right winger
Foot: Right

Veron has been named as the best player in U17 World Cup. His current contract with Palmeiras is expiring next year but they are negotiating a renewal which will apparently set his release clause at 100M€.

[youtube]xuxMvdDzW-w[/youtube]

EdmondDantes

I first saw him at U15 level. Powerful little fireplug with great speed and technique. World class potential for sure.

[youtube]5cXrwUDmPLY[/youtube]

He's just been awarded Goal of the tournament as well.

Messi983

I liked his work ethic as well. He was tracking back against Mexico a lot and also made some good tackles. Don't know if it was just an extra motivation playing in the final at home or if he always plays like this but it's a good attribute for a young (especially offensive) player.

BTW, what do you think about Kaio Jorge?

EdmondDantes

I liked his work ethic as well. He was tracking back against Mexico a lot and also made some good tackles. Don't know if it was just an extra motivation playing in the final at home or if he always plays like this but it's a good attribute for a young (especially offensive) player.

BTW, what do you think about Kaio Jorge?

The pressing and work rate is part of his game I feel. We're seeing a lot of young wingers like that in football.

Jorge is probably a tier below these guys talent wise. He looks to be a good player - and you never know with U17s, some of these players may not even turn pro so there's a chance Kaio could eclipse these seemingly more talented players in the future.

Andresito

Staff member
Is Série A really that shit or are the talents actually good?
Seems like a new 17-year old pops up every other week with a good performance.

Home of Barca Fans