Federico Valverde

NKMaribor

Bernardo would definitely cut it at Madrid. Bernardo, Kimmich and KDB all would without doubt - they are world class footballers who are integral for top clubs.

Kimmich and KdB definitely. Bernardo not so much in three man midfield. At least for me.

NKMaribor

Pedri is not a #10 or a CAM like Isco as he was for Malaga. That's really the reason Isco didn't hit off as expected because the talent was there. Didn't seem that disciplined with his fitness later either. Not sure how anyone can watch Pedri play and make the same comparison?

With all that being said Isco still had a very good or even great career at Real Madrid.

I said he is attacking mid not a 10. I don`t see Xavi profile in him.

Don`t get me wrong, Isco had a great career. But ultimately trends in football are changing and Valverde type is more suitable for today.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I said he is attacking mid not a 10. I don`t see Xavi profile in him.

Don`t get me wrong, Isco had a great career. But ultimately trends in football are changing and Valverde type is more suitable for today.

It doesn't mean that Pedri won't. Attacking midfielders who can function as attacking CMs basically will always exist. It's the more advanced midfielders that will have a problem and had so for the last few years.

You cannot just win with a midfield trio of players like Valverde for example. You need guys like Kroos or Modric in there. Real Madrid will need to replace them soon enough with similar profiles.

El Gato

Villarato!
I don`t perceive KdB as a 10. James, Ozil, etc... those were 10s and their time is simply over. Game has evolved. In midfield it is much better to have complete midfielders, while upfront forwards.

Just out of curiosity, where would you play Pedri in Real Madrid?

If you understand a 10 in terms of position and freedom from defensive tasks then yes, he's not that. But he still plays essentially that role often times.

I'd play Pedri like I would Modric, only at LCM

NKMaribor

If you understand a 10 in terms of position and freedom from defensive tasks then yes, he's not that. But he still plays essentially that role often times.

I'd play Pedri like I would Modric, only at LCM

This reminds me of Isco playing deep. Hard pass.

Barcilliant

Another studly finish from him. Lmfao comparing that softie Pedri to this guy. This guy is the kind of modern player who can adapt to any position, club and formation. Pedri has a very limited skillset compared to Fede. This guy's finishing alone is levels above Pedri.

vegitot

Has been pretty average since World Cup. His long shot no longer work. A good unity player but never as a midfielder.

El Gato

Villarato!
His head isn’t on the pitch. Think his GF miscarried at some point in last few months or was alluded to IIRC

Was great at RW earlier in the season and should be moved back there short term until new coach arrives to use him better deeper.

Home of Barca Fans