Federico Valverde

El Gato

Villarato!
Valverde not been playing lately?

No. Glued to the bench since return vs Atleti, 2 starts out of 7.
Again, no real reason for it other than Zidane stubbornly returning to his old selection that he prefers in a 4-3-3.

I didnt want to put him in the "brainless brute" category, but his horizontal movement and build up looks rather average. Vertically hes fine as hes very straightforward. Like Hakimi.

I am just not sure hes a good fit against deep blocks with Casemiro. And I wouldnt say your offense worked anytime post Ronaldo (not putting this on Valverde). But Valverde certainly played his part making you rock solid defensively.

Wouldn?t call Hakimi straightforward. Don?t know what the word implies in your use anyway, as if there?s supposed to be some nuance he?s missing that others in the position show. He?s capable with both feet (exhibit A today), can play each wing, doesn?t have trouble taking players on. Somewhat like Adama. And effective most of the time irrespective of opponent approach.

Offense didn?t work. But right wing worked best with him there as opposed to without him. Give us a RW with Fede and a FB like Carvajal and it?d be excellent.

serghei

He's not impressive in anything. I think Madrid will sell him in the next few seasons. Good player and that's about it. You don't get the feeling there's more to him than we've already seen. Which is not good enough for an elite club.

Morten

He's not impressive in anything. I think Madrid will sell him in the next few seasons. Good player and that's about it. You don't get the feeling there's more to him than we've already seen. Which is not good enough for an elite club.

What? Just because Zidane benched him for some reason then everybody forgot how good he is?
Valverde is good enough, end of story.

El Gato

Villarato!
^ not ‘everybody’, only serghei who always looks for a parallel between Real and Barca players and reason why one is better than the other

Birdy

A better question is how RM are thinking of their future midfield?
Modric is heading to retirement, Kroos is younger but plays like retired already.
You have Casemiro who has some good years ahead, but 0 creativity comes from him.
I don't know how much future a Casemiro-Fede-Kroos trio will have

Horatio

You're welcome

Surprised to read this. Was hearing great things about him left and right.

Morten

Modric is heading to retirement, Kroos is younger but plays like retired already.
You have Casemiro who has some good years ahead, but 0 creativity comes from him.

I would like Martin to get a real shot in midfield, along with Valverde, Casemiro as DM should stay imo.
Modric shouldnt be starting every game like he is now, and Isco should not be stealing minutes from Martin.

But, knowing Zidane, he will insist on the midfield from 16 until the end of times.

El Gato

Villarato!

Who knows.
Modrić been heading into retirement for years. Now he’s set to be here next year by the end of which he’ll be nearly 37 and still seems capable to mount months of form.
Lots of unanswered questions. Where is RM with Camavinga provided no money on transfers if we’re going in on Mbappe? What about Pogba? What’s the plan for Odegaard?

Raketa10

I honestly don't think it's smart to renew Modric. I really love Luka but he is almost 36y old. I believe it would be much smarter for Real to move on after this season.

serghei

Surprised to read this. Was hearing great things about him left and right.

He can make an assist or he can shoot alright, but don't see that special quality in him that the likes of De Jong and Pedri have. Doesn't strike me as a particularly intelligent player. He mostly limits to doing basic things and play obvious passes, while working hard and being solid defensively. Tjat's fine for some smaller club, but at Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc. you need more.

Morten

He can make an assist or he can shoot alright, but don't see that special quality in him that the likes of De Jong and Pedri have. Doesn't strike me as a particularly intelligent player. He mostly limits to doing basic things and play obvious passes. It's fine for some smaller club, but at Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc. you need more.

All nonsense.

JamDav1982

He can make an assist or he can shoot alright, but don't see that special quality in him that the likes of De Jong and Pedri have. Doesn't strike me as a particularly intelligent player. He mostly limits to doing basic things and play obvious passes, while working hard and being solid defensively. Tjat's fine for some smaller club, but at Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc. you need more.

Puig better than Valverde and has more what need at these clubs?

Home of Barca Fans