Donyell Malen

Porque

Noone can afford Haaland atm.

I'm reading Chelsea are willing to go up to 175m.

Seems extortionate and paper talk, we'll see though.

It benefits Dortmund more to sell this summer though financially. I don't think it will really make a difference to their domestic or European success with or without Haaland- unless they focused on Europa League and German Cup.

After a bit of thought though, they may have Malen in the position of Sancho.

Last edited:

Yannik

I'm reading Chelsea are willing to go up to 175m.

Seems extortionate and paper talk, we'll see though.

The reports I read suggested Dortmund wants 175m, but not that Chelsea are already willing to dish that out.
Chelsea's most expensive player ever was 80m. This is almost 100m more than that. And that's not even including how Raiola will also want 40m of the pie, plus sign on fees, heavy contracts etc.
They spend pretty much their war chest last year, and will probably not be able to spend ~200m for a single a single player for now.

Last edited:

Messi983

Was expecting a higher fee.

Could Raiola be moving him now as Haaland will net a big move this summer?

I see him as Sancho replacement for now but Malen is versatile enough they can move him to striker next summer when they will sell Haaland or keep him as a winger and bring another #9. So they will have some flexibility there.

Could also be Raiola playing a 4D chess and letting teams out there seeing how Haaland and Malen can play together and then try to sell Malen to the same team Haaland will go to in 2023.

Home of Barca Fans