Marcelo Gallardo

CanadianCanadian

gallard.jpg

Saw we were linked to the coach of River Plate, Marcelo Gallardo. He is recognized as River Plate's greatest manager as he is their most successful. Apparently Messi voted for him as one of the best coaches in the world.
Even Pep Guardiola talked about how good he is. He is similar to how Klopp, high pressure collective football.
Interesting to know River Plate faced Boca Juniors four times in direct elimation matches and has won all four! They play Boca again October 22 for the second leg after winning first 2-0

serghei

Yea, Pep is usually disingenuous in his press conferences out of an excess of politically correctness and trying desperately to look like a gentleman all the time. He probably doesn't believe half the things he says to the media.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, Pep is usually disingenuous in his press conferences out of an excess of politically correctness and trying desperately to look like a gentleman all the time. He probably doesn't believe half the things he says to the media.

Oh. Is Bielsa still the best manager in the world along with Lahm the most intelligent player of all time? :lol:

Andresito

Staff member
Lost a 1-0 lead in the Copa Libertadores final. Gabigol with goals in the 89th and 92nd minute to win Flamengo the trophy.

Barca DNA.

BBZ8800

Ended 9th, 9th, 2nd, 8th and 4th in league championships till now.
Currently 5th again.

Sounds like a winner :rolleyes:

mc_lovin

I honestly think league campaigns are more down to player quality than coaching. Could be a good sign if he overachieves in knockout competitions. But to be fair, I dont think anyone here can have a qualified opinion on Gallardo. Would be surprised if anyone really follows brazilian football bar some results. Im quite certain you dont @BBZ. And neither do I.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans