Bruno Guimarães

Thiago10

Profit on the player does matter for FFP etc.

They gain more on their accounts for player they paid nothing for.

You may have a point but I would be surprised if that were true.

I'm no master of FFP regulations but if I?m not mistaken they simply order clubs not to spend more than the income they generate and to balance their books over the course of 3 years.

The transfer sum for Bruno was spent last year and is already in Lyon's books. Whether they now decide to sell Aouar or Bruno has no influence on FFP except for the incoming sum.

Let?s suppose Bruno was bought for 20M (I don?t know the exact sum). Let's say Bruno and Aouaur are both worth 50M (the amount doesn?t matter here)

Scenario A: Lyon sells Bruno for 50M. The original transfer sum of 20M was already in the books => Net profit of 30M counting towards FFP
Scenario B: Lyon sells Aouar for 50M. The original transfer sum of 20M for Bruno is still in the books => Net profit of 30M counting towards FFP. This profit is divided over the sale of Aouar and the purchase of Bruno, but that doesn?t matter. In both cases, the total profit for the three year period is 30M.

What is true however, is that Aouar is likely worth more than Bruno and his sale would have a bigger impact on FFP than Bruno?s. But that has nothing to do with him being from the academy or having been bought.

Sidenote: I'm sure the UEFA will be lenient in applying FFP regulations in the next years. If not, a lot of clubs will be dead in the water.

JamDav1982

You may have a point but I would be surprised if that were true.

I'm no master of FFP regulations but if I?m not mistaken they simply order clubs not to spend more than the income they generate and to balance their books over the course of 3 years.

The transfer sum for Bruno was spent last year and is already in Lyon's books. Whether they now decide to sell Aouar or Bruno has no influence on FFP except for the incoming sum.

Let?s suppose Bruno was bought for 20M (I don?t know the exact sum). Let's say Bruno and Aouaur are both worth 50M (the amount doesn?t matter here)

Scenario A: Lyon sells Bruno for 50M. The original transfer sum of 20M was already in the books => Net profit of 30M counting towards FFP
Scenario B: Lyon sells Aouar for 50M. The original transfer sum of 20M for Bruno is still in the books => Net profit of 30M counting towards FFP. This profit is divided over the sale of Aouar and the purchase of Bruno, but that doesn?t matter. In both cases, the total profit for the three year period is 30M.

What is true however, is that Aouar is likely worth more than Bruno and his sale would have a bigger impact on FFP than Bruno?s. But that has nothing to do with him being from the academy or having been bought.

Sidenote: I'm sure the UEFA will be lenient in applying FFP regulations in the next years. If not, a lot of clubs will be dead in the water.

For FFP the transfer fee of Guimares is amortized across his contract.

Paid 20m for him on 4.5 years so assuming they take that as 20m over five years it is amortized down as 4m a season. By this summer would still have 16m to pay down across contract in term of FFP.

If they were to sell him for say 30m this summer they would have made 14m profit on him on their books and that doesnt include the 20% of fee to former club.

Sell either for 50m they get 50m for Aouar in profit and 36m for Bruno and have to pay 20% to former club.

FFP does not take the whole fee as being taken into account at point of contract being signed.

Last edited:

Messi983

According to L'Equipe Lyon is prepared to sell Aouar.

I doubt they even think about selling Bruno after just a few games he has played for them.

Andresito

Staff member
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Looking good, <a href="https://twitter.com/brunoog97?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@brunoog97</a>! &#55358;&#56617;&#55358;&#56601;<br><br>⚫️⚪️ <a href="https://t.co/blB8CXdrpm">pic.twitter.com/blB8CXdrpm</a></p>— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1487819717565992965?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Birdy

Seems like the real deal.

Pity no one at Barca looked at him for potential Busi replacement

khaled_a_d

Seems like the real deal.

Pity no one at Barca looked at him for potential Busi replacement

His teammate Maxence Caqueret is the better Busi replacement in this team. Especially with Xavi new fetish for DM putting high pressure early on (one of the best in Europe in that regard)
Bruno is awesome, but he would be more of FDJ replacement.
Disappointed that he went to Newcastle, plenty of clubs would have tried to get him in summer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Real Madrid reportedly want him to replace Casemiro, but Newcastle won't let him go.

Honestly not sure how he would fit in at CDM for us, but he's an outstanding player and much better than I thought he was so maybe we should look at him next summer too.

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1557335243165761536

FacQej7XgAIuAVN

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans