Erling Braut Haaland

vuji_31

Well one things for sure, Barcelona fans better get used to players no longer dreaming of playing for Barcelona 'to play with Messi'.

Braithwaite and Paulihno could be the new standard looking at how empty the piggie bank is and lets have it right Magurie/Martial and Shaw are 2 levels above those, 3 levels above that big clumsy oaf Pique and Biscuits.

Busted , "truggered undercover Man unt fanboi".

Reality is we are on lowest point in 15 years , still more better option then 5th team from rainy uk

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Yh Im not sure that big clumsy oaf Pique and Biscuits could handle playing in such a high line compared to Maguirdini and Roberto Shaw.

0_IMG_0100PNG.png

Is this your second or third account here Copperpot ?

Last edited:

Bulgroz

Oh Proper, you must be mistaken. I'm not pretending that Barcelona's future looks extra bright, and that has never been my point in our argument. My point is that you're delusional if you think that, for a player, squad-wise, Utd is as exciting as City, Liverpool, Bayern, or even Real Madrid or PSG. Sure, right now United is probably a bit better than Barca, but not by a lot imho. And it's not that I'm overrating Barca. I just think United is still behind the biggest teams in Europe. They got kicked out of UCL by a team who's only 3rd in Ligue 1 right now, and another team that's 2nd in Bundesliga. It's not shameful, by any mean, but... it's not great either. They're not even competing for the domestic title right now. Yeah, maybe if they sign a WC CB and a WC CF they'll look good on paper. And maybe some of their young players will turn out to be good (it's still far fetched rn). They'll still have OGS as a coach though. And more importantly, if you're one of the 2 biggest prospects in the world and you want to win as many titles as you can, would you go to:
- a team that MIGHT be winning things if you AND another WC player join;
or
- a team that's already winning things, or has been winning things in recent history.

I wouldn't be SHOCKED if Haaland joined Utd. Just like if wouldn't be shocked if he joined Barca. But I'd be a bit surprised in both cases cause I think he'll have better suitors.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Are you talking about United? If you are you then you don't know what you are talking about and i think this is clear because you thought United was 4th.

But have you seen the average age of United's squad? Have you seen how the United 1st team are knitting together? Have you seen improvements within the first team (ie Scott McT, Luke Shaw, Pogba)? Have you seen the academy and investment within this acedemy? If not let me tell you, a highly rated kid who just turned 17 made his Premier League debut last weekend (Shoretire), game before that a 18 year old kid (Amad Diallo) made his debut who United paid 30m+ for, they have Hannibal Mejbri (18) training with the first team now, who looks just like a young Pogba, Joe Hugill (17), a young striker who looks the part banging in goals left/right and centre for the academy including 4 goals against Liverpool last month and most importantly for the first time since Sir Alex retired, a plan not only for the 1st team (style of play/transfers), but the academy and getting these academy players into the first team (see Mason Greenwood/Marcus Rashford).

According to your logic we would have 20 Messi's and 15 Ronaldo's in the world :lol:

KingLeo10

Even EV's Barca destroyed Memechester United 4-0 in the CL QFs 2 years ago.

I'm not even going to go into detail about the beating in the 09 final and the ABSOLUTE THRASHING in the 2011 final.

Eat some humble pie and enjoy your next 30 years without a PL. Clown.

:lol:

Proper

Banned
Oh Proper, you must be mistaken. I'm not pretending that Barcelona's future looks extra bright, and that has never been my point in our argument. My point is that you're delusional if you think that, for a player, squad-wise, Utd is as exciting as City, Liverpool, Bayern, or even Real Madrid or PSG. Sure, right now United is probably a bit better than Barca, but not by a lot imho. And it's not that I'm overrating Barca. I just think United is still behind the biggest teams in Europe. They got kicked out of UCL by a team who's only 3rd in Ligue 1 right now, and another team that's 2nd in Bundesliga. It's not shameful, by any mean, but... it's not great either. They're not even competing for the domestic title right now. Yeah, maybe if they sign a WC CB and a WC CF they'll look good on paper. And maybe some of their young players will turn out to be good (it's still far fetched rn). They'll still have OGS as a coach though. And more importantly, if you're one of the 2 biggest prospects in the world and you want to win as many titles as you can, would you go to:
- a team that MIGHT be winning things if you AND another WC player join;
or
- a team that's already winning things, or has been winning things in recent history.

I wouldn't be SHOCKED if Haaland joined Utd. Just like if wouldn't be shocked if he joined Barca. But I'd be a bit surprised in both cases cause I think he'll have better suitors.

But United also thrashed Leipzig 5-0 at their own ground and beat PSG at their own ground and was top of the group for majority of it, what cost United was the loss against Copenhagen.

When PSG beat United, even Tuchel said they go away with the win, PSG got outplayed and United missed chance after chance and this was when United was inconsistent and out of form.

Did Barcelona outplay PSG 1st leg? Are Barcelona going to outplay PSG 2nd leg, highly doubtful.

United are in a similar position to Liverpool before they signed VVD/Allison. You could see something was there, but they was the missing pieces, United being the highest goalscorers in the PL and playing how they do (at times) shows something is there, whats missing is just those 1 or 2 pieces.

How many pieces are Barcelona missing? I don?t know because the whole team is a mess, it?s like the jigsaw hasn?t even been put together yet to know.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Imagine telling others a club who has not made it past QFs in CL in 8 years AND continues to rot in Europa league year after year AND finishes anywhere from 4th to 6th most seasons is any good.

Deluded clown.

Morten

But United also thrashed Leipzig 5-0 at their own ground and beat PSG at their own ground and was top of the group for majority of it, what cost United was the loss against Copenhagen.

When PSG beat United, even Tuchel said they go away with the win, PSG got outplayed and United missed chance after chance and this was when United was inconsistent and out of form.

Did Barcelona outplay PSG 1st leg? Are Barcelona going to outplay PSG 2nd leg, highly doubtful.

United are in a similar position to Liverpool before they signed VVD/Allison. You could see something was there, but they was the missing pieces, United being the highest goalscorers in the PL and playing how they do (at times) shows something is there, whats missing is just those 1 or 2 pieces.

How many pieces are Barcelona missing? I don?t know because the whole team is a mess, it?s like the jigsaw hasn?t even been put together yet to know.

I would say they rarely are, one of the their flaws.
They can smash a couple of teams, then go on and lose to Sheffield United.

They have quality, but they are also a somewhat strange side, dont always know which version that turns up.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Wrote a detailed response outlining why I think you're severely overating your team but that unfortunately disappeared for some unknown reason (joys of this forum on a phone).
Tldr:
Decent counter attacking side
Come up short against teams who have a similar quality and are tactically astute
No set attacking patterns or plays, attacks seem to rely on having space and individual brilliance.
Weak CB pairings
Midfield mediocre
Strikers incredibly inconsistent.
Bench is lacking.

Bulgroz

Guys, guys, stop. You're not realizing that, had United won the games they lost in group stage, they would be playing the round of 16 right now! Can't you see the greatness? And don't get me started on how they would be leading the EPL if they had won 4 more games!

But seriously though, that comparison with Liverpool is funny. People who keep saying that VVD and Alisson completely changed the face of Liverpool tend to forget that the real game changer wasn't that transfer window. It was getting Klopp as a manager (well, and getting Mo Salah the year before). I might spew a very controversial idea but I think that, maybe, Klopp could be a better coach than OGS.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Even EV's Barca destroyed Memechester United 4-0 in the CL QFs 2 years ago.

I'm not even going to go into detail about the beating in the 09 final and the ABSOLUTE THRASHING in the 2011 final.

Eat some humble pie and enjoy your next 30 years without a PL. Clown.

:lol:

Uff the 2009 and 2011 wins were tooo good, Xavi destroyed them in 09 and Messi in 11 :hooray:

Home of Barca Fans