Erling Braut Haaland

Andresito

Staff member
The club is selling tickets to virtual tours around Camp Nou for €5 on the website. If we all buy one of those maybe we can afford one of his boots.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The club is selling tickets to virtual tours around Camp Nou for ?5 on the website. If we all buy one of those maybe we can afford one of his boots.

I actually did the free trial virtual tour last Saturday, it lasted about one hour and was quite nice. They took us to the players' locker room which you would not normally get to visit if were there doing the real tour.

The other nice thing about the virtual tour is that you get to ask the tour guide questions and they will answer some of them live.

Andresito

Staff member
I would accept Freixa or Font ar presidents if they bring this guy

That's the type of short sightedness that dragged the club to shit. Barto was saved by the treble even if the problems were evident.

One transfer isn't going to make up for 6 years of a bad president.

khaled_a_d

I do really like Haland, and would like him if we think that Fati future is winger rather than striker.
That being said, I wonder has it ever happened that a number 9 poacher has become the best player in an era?
I mean we have seen many great players like those, the Drogba, Batistuta, Vieri etc. But it was the players with more flair and creativity that dominated their era.
This is my only concern with him tbh. You might be paying a hefty some for him as generational talent (top 3 in his era) but we might be getting someone who will be more of a top 10

JamDav1982

I do really like Haland, and would like him if we think that Fati future is winger rather than striker.
That being said, I wonder has it ever happened that a number 9 poacher has become the best player in an era?
I mean we have seen many great players like those, the Drogba, Batistuta, Vieri etc. But it was the players with more flair and creativity that dominated their era.
This is my only concern with him tbh. You might be paying a hefty some for him as generational talent (top 3 in his era) but we might be getting someone who will be more of a top 10

He isnt a poacher though. Would be closer to threat that likes of prime Cristiano Ronaldo offers than a Inzaghi type poacher.

Defend high or deep and he has the ability to destroy the defence with movement off ball, reading gaps/errors in defence and finishing.

khaled_a_d

He isnt a poacher though. Would be closer to threat that likes of prime Cristiano Ronaldo offers than a Inzaghi type poacher.

Defend high or deep and he has the ability to destroy the defence with movement off ball, reading gaps/errors in defence and finishing.

Fair enough.
I thought about late prime Cristiano (30+) while writing the previous post, but CR7 was more of SS who needed Benzema, which kind of change the dynamics.
But tbh, it also seems to me that this is going to be the new direction of this generation, players who are great finishers and attackers will be the dominant ones, rather than the more creative one.

vegitot

Fair enough.
I thought about late prime Cristiano (30+) while writing the previous post, but CR7 was more of SS who needed Benzema, which kind of change the dynamics.
But tbh, it also seems to me that this is going to be the new direction of this generation, players who are great finishers and attackers will be the dominant ones, rather than the more creative one.

Gerd Muller would have been considered as better player than Cruyff or Maradona by media nowadays.

Yannik

There is a difference between perception and reality. Players individuality are often judged by their aesthetics, but at the end of the day the only thing you want to care about is did your team win, or not. For that you need players that do their job efficient, not players who are more clicked on YouTube.

khaled_a_d

There is a difference between perception and reality. Players individuality are often judged by their aesthetics, but at the end of the day the only thing you want to care about is did your team win, or not. For that you need players that do their job efficient, not players who are more clicked on YouTube.

Players like Neymar, Messi, CR7 (during his 20's) Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Figo, Zidane, Iniesta, Ronaldo didn't just get clicks on youtube video only? didn't they?
All were very creative and used their creativity (and flair) to the best of the team. I am talking about those players.

Yannik

Players like Neymar, Messi, CR7 (during his 20's) Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Figo, Zidane, Iniesta, Ronaldo didn't just get clicks on youtube video only? didn't they?
All were very creative and used their creativity (and flair) to the best of the team. I am talking about those players.

Contrary to that there are several examples of players who had a minimalistic flair, but still dominated for longer than some of the players you listed there did. Even the Galacticos were essentially not incredible dominant, despite having all the sexyness on the planet.

Flair is a trait that's so popular because it looks nice and it's easy to spot if it works or not. But most viewers can't spot when the same players cause disruption in a tactical overlay or cause problems there and will instead blame it on the less pretty players. Truth is that football is complex and 99% of long time viewers struggle to understand why their team actually keeps loosing games. They pick up on low hanging fruits in order to judge who is a great player and who is not. But quite often a perceived great player can make his team mates look worse than they actually are and people wouldn't even notice.

Last edited:

bismp

I was thinking about it and he really doesn’t have THAT many good options:

1)Stay at BVB for 2-3 more years and reevaluate
2)Come at Barca, assuming we have the money
3)Juventus, if CR leaves
4)Chelsea would be an interesting idea
5)Man United too

Other teams either don’t have the prestige(eg PSG), or a good team (eg Milan), or the CF position is occupied(eg Bayern,Inter) or don’t make sense(eg City,especially if they win the CL this year)

khaled_a_d

Contrary to that there are several examples of players who had a minimalistic flair, but still dominated for longer than some of the players you listed there did. Even the Galacticos were essentially not incredible dominant, despite having all the sexyness on the planet.

Flair is a trait that's so popular because it looks nice and it's easy to spot if it works or not. But most viewers can't spot when the same players cause disruption in a tactical overlay or cause problems there and will instead blame it on the less pretty players. Truth is that football is complex and 99% of long time viewers struggle to understand why their team actually keeps loosing games. They pick up on low hanging fruits in order to judge who is a great player and who is not. But quite often a perceived great player can make his team mates look worse than they actually are and people wouldn't even notice.

The guys I mentioned has won so many balon/Fifa awards that is voted by the best 0.1 of the rest of the 1% you mentioned. Unless you really think those voters don't have same knowledge you have on football.

Sure, some of them had short career primes, but 99% of the 1% (coaches and journalists) would take that short prime over players who dominated longer but was less dominant.
You know why? Because as you said football is complex, and players with such talents have the most ability to solve it.

JohnN

Put him instead of braith and we are instantly a real threat to any defense.
We can do it if we sell Coutinho and Griezmann in a really really unfair and high price.

Home of Barca Fans