Erling Braut Haaland

Yannik

The point about a lot of Brits living in southern Spain and France to is to repudiate the claim that people from cold climate don't like warm places, I think many do actually.

Cold country dude here. I've been in home-office working from Tenerife for almost a year by now and absolutely loving it. Most people I know absolutely enjoy warmer climate, they just don't hate cold climate as much as the Southerners do. That being said, it's just a convencience, not necessarily a detrimental factor. If I were to choose between 2 jobs, one in warmer, one in colder climate, I'd still focus primarily on what job is better than the temperature. That's unless it's in Yakutsk or so.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Cold country dude here. I've been in home-office working from Tenerife for almost a year by now and absolutely loving it. Most people I know absolutely enjoy warmer climate, they just don't hate cold climate as much as the Southerners do. That being said, it's just a convencience, not necessarily a detrimental factor. If I were to choose between 2 jobs, one in warmer, one in colder climate, I'd still focus primarily on what job is better than the temperature. That's unless it's in Yakutsk or so.

Definitely.

Ahhhh I envy you, don’t know how you can afford that. I am jealous.

xxxxxx

Yes, much because of the decisions of Rosell, and then Bartomeu. But Rosell et al could convince everyone that the club was going bankrupt, sale out Zlatan and Chygrynsky to put blame on Laporta, and then go back to business as usual right after (or rather, spend a lot more than before).
I don't want to go to deep into economy, as I don't know much about it, and lack insight into the club, but it's no surprise to me that the club is said to be in an economic crisis just before the election...

Stranger things have happened. If the new president makes a couple of key decisions, convinces Messi to stay, gets a positive end to the season, I think a young player could be convinced to join FC Barcelona.

We can convince all the young players we want, but that won't change our debt.

We have to pay 266m euros by the 30th of June to the banks.... we have to pay a further 160m euros by the end of the year (that's a total of 420m euros to paid by the end of the year). Yeah, we could work some type of deal with the banks, but they're not simply going to cut that much off.... when we've already restructured a deal with them recently. They'll want most of that money by the 30th of June. We're only a business to them and they will want their money. I'm also certain we still haven't paid their salaries from November. Also, we were over the limit in regards to salary cap... and that's after we reduced the salary by 80m. Messi will receive a 33m loyalty bonus in the summer, so that adds to the debt. He'll also demand a big signing-on fee if he resigns. If anything, we'll probably have to release/sell/loan players like Umtiti, Coutinho, Griezmann, Pjanic, Dembele and probably Messi just to balance the books. We then lost a lot of money from COVID during last year, so we can't simply buy big signings without breaking the FFP rules. The only players we're signing this year are free signings.... players like Depay, Garcia and Gini, and those guys will have to lower their salary quite a bit.

Players like Haaland are off the list because they'll cost over 100m plus..... money we do not have. You can claim we can restructure this and that and the other, but we've already restructured with the banks before.... and they want their money by the summer.

The facts are there and we're just living in denial if we think we can sign players like that.

Last edited:

Porque

Then that won't be us. We can't afford to give him a big salary or signing-on fee when we're in so much debt, especially when we have the biggest wage budget in the world. We need to release the big earners before we can think about bringing a big superstar in. Also, he won't have an exit structure if we lock a big release clause in his contract. Look at how stubborn we were with Messi and Neymar. So, if Haaland has a 600m release clause and is playing well, he won't be going unless a team pays the 600m release clause.

Even if we wanted to sign Haaland for the time being and get like 3 seasons out of him, we simply can't afford him. He's going to cost over 100m plus this summer. Even with his release clause next summer, I doubt he's going to hold out so we can eventually sign him.

People can say we can structure our loans and whatnot, but the reality is.... we're in so much debt. We can only structure our payments and loans by so much before the banks tell us to get lost. We're only a business to these banks. We should be looking to lower the debt as quickly as possible. We'll need to release some of the big earners and look to get in realistic free transfers on smaller wages in the summer.

I personally feel we should work with the youth and go with what we've got for the next 2 years. Lower the debt and build from it. We should probably let Messi go (unless he takes a 70% salary reduction and waives his signing-on fee and loyalty bonus). Yeah, we may not be competing for many titles or Champion Leagues for a while, but at least we'll be setting our club up for a better future.

Agreed, if we are talking about this summer.

We need a summer of austerity with wage dumping and free transfer signings. Maybe one or two players on loan with option to buy.

But next summer when the 75m clause kicks in we can be a candidate (Mbappe contract expires next summer too btw).

We just need to put in a buyout clause which is abnormally obtainable for a big club (personall I would go with 223m, 1m more than Neymar's) and be open to double our money and sell for 150m.

Raoila is all about the money, but it might be fruitful in our current situation to buy his players and re-sell in the middle term to steady our finances.

Especially as other income streams are effected by covid.

Bobo32

I hope the risk of them signing Depay or Wijnaldum is gone after Koeman leaves. This would be uneconomic if anything, to bring older players, never sellable, taking spots for other players. They would be adding to the problems just like Rakitic, Vidal, Griezmann, Coutinho, Pjanic and so on have done.

I think Barcelona have always been in dept, I think they were in dept when they bought Neymar.
I don't think they should ever pay these amounts for transfers, but if there was ever a moment, it would be to bring Haaland.
Maybe you are right that there is no way to spend anything for a few years though, let's see.

Joan

I hope the risk of them signing Depay or Wijnaldum is gone after Koeman leaves. This would be uneconomic if anything, to bring older players, never sellable, taking spots for other players. They would be adding to the problems just like Rakitic, Vidal, Griezmann, Coutinho, Pjanic and so on have done.

I think Barcelona have always been in dept, I think they were in dept when they bought Neymar.
I don't think they should ever pay these amounts for transfers, but if there was ever a moment, it would be to bring Haaland.
Maybe you are right that there is no way to spend anything for a few years though, let's see.

Would love to see us add to the problems like we did with Rakitic. More of that, please!

Vilarrubi

[MENTION=29763]Proper[/MENTION] where in UK are you from?

You’re the type of guy to go abroad and find the nearest English/Irish pub for a pint and a full English breakfast.

We get it, you like UK and not a fan of other countries.

fergus90

[MENTION=29763]Proper[/MENTION] where in UK are you from?

You’re the type of guy to go abroad and find the nearest English/Irish pub for a pint and a full English breakfast.

We get it, you like UK and not a fan of other countries.

Straight to Murphys Irish bar.

Vilarrubi

I'd laugh, but this describes 90% of Germans too.

Was in Mallorca a couple of years ago and there was 100’s of German’s on the beach and in bars in various football team shirts (guessing their local teams as I didn’t recognise the shirts) obviously singing and drinking as football fans do so yeah.... :lol:

Yannik

Was in Mallorca a couple of years ago and there was 100’s of German’s on the beach and in bars in various football team shirts (guessing their local teams as I didn’t recognise the shirts) obviously singing and drinking as football fans do so yeah.... :lol:

Oh wow, congratz you've met the creme de la creme, the "Mallotze tourists". We have 16 Bundesl?nder (States) and Mallorca is jokingly referred to as the our 17th Bundesland. At least you've already got the worst out of the way, from this point no German tourist will shock you anymore. :lol:

vuji_31

Proper just died yeasterday when some Man Unt ex player and legend , mocked them about bringing Haaland , because they are trophyless for years.

Home of Barca Fans