Erling Braut Haaland

JamDav1982

Really? I disagree completely, the standard is quite low, I can't remember any really good Premier League game this season that I have watched and their players are always overhyped, I don't think their mid table players are any better than those in La Liga. Having watched a lot of both Leagues this year I think La Liga is a better watch but both are less exciting than the Bundesliga.

And who are these great players in England? Maybe I have missed them.

Where are the great players in La Liga?

What level you want to compare players at? Top four? Europa to mid?

Clear what will happen you will just scream 'overhyped' to every player and bam up the shite in comparison in La Liga

JamDav1982

Have you watched Spurs and Everton? they are terrible, especially Everton, I don't think I have ever seen such a boring team, my brothers support them and we have watched most of their games and I don't think the word 'quality' is one I would use to describe their players.

What teams in La Liga have better players than likes of Kane, Son, Ndombele, Richarlison, Calvert Lewin, Alan etc?

Should we look at likes of Granada? Great players like Soldad and Kenedy? EPL failures.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Pull the other one, if Barcelona came up against Chelsea they would get thrashings, if Barcelona came up against United they would get thrashings, if Barcelona played Spurs they would get thrashings, if Barcelona played Arsenal they would get thrashings, all these teams play counter and excellent at it, the likes of Pique and Biscuits are slow as fuck and would be cannon fodder for these teams.

Barcelona vs City would just be an annihilation, it would be best Barcelona just not even turning up to avoid embarrassment as they would be beaten so bad it may take 2 or 3 seasons to recover and the exact same if they played Liverpool, even though don?t have a defence and having to play midfielders there. I?d argue even Leicester would give Barcelona thrashings, Vardy/Maddison/Barnes would think its Christmas playing against that big clumsy oaf Pique.

Thrashings by all top 6 clubs in the EPL plus Leicester? Last time we played Chelsea, did we get thrashed?

Even if that were true and we get thrashed by those teams, it is only indicative of how bad our defense is and how much we have fallen, it is not saying much about how good or bad La Liga is or how good or bad the other league is. We might even get thrashed by an Ukrainian team or a Russian team, that doesn’t mean La Liga is falling behind the Ukrainian or the Russian league.

JamDav1982

Thrashings by all top 6 clubs in the EPL plus Leicester? Last time we played Chelsea, did we get thrashed?

Even if that were true and we get thrashed by those teams, it is only indicative of how bad our defense is and how much we have fallen, it is not saying much about how good or bad La Liga is or how good or bad the other league is. We might even get thrashed by an Ukrainian team or a Russian team, that doesn’t mean La Liga is falling behind the Ukrainian or the Russian league.

You mention Leicester for example and they genuinely have 5/6 players that would walk into this Barca side and improve it. Across the park.

Morten

Freak matches happens(like Shakhtar beating us twice, for some reason...), of course the Ukrainian league isn't better than la liga.
That said, you have to look at performances over time, the quality of football, squad quality, you really think la liga has kept up with PL in those standards?

fergus90

You mention Leicester for example and they genuinely have 5/6 players that would walk into this Barca side and improve it. Across the park.

It's genuinely true. Ndidi, Soyuncu, Tielemens, James, Vardy are all better than what we've got in current positions.

ebc_99

Pull the other one, if Barcelona came up against Chelsea they would get thrashings, if Barcelona came up against United they would get thrashings, if Barcelona played Spurs they would get thrashings, if Barcelona played Arsenal they would get thrashings, all these teams play counter and excellent at it, the likes of Pique and Biscuits are slow as fuck and would be cannon fodder for these teams.

Barcelona vs City would just be an annihilation, it would be best Barcelona just not even turning up to avoid embarrassment as they would be beaten so bad it may take 2 or 3 seasons to recover and the exact same if they played Liverpool, even though don?t have a defence and having to play midfielders there. I?d argue even Leicester would give Barcelona thrashings, Vardy/Maddison/Barnes would think its Christmas playing against that big clumsy oaf Pique.

I'd even fancy Everton to do over Barcelona - Carlo as manager (multiple Champions League winner and one of the greatest managers in world football) and the likes of Richarlison/Calvert-Lewin and James in attack and i would certainly take Everton's midfield and defence over Barcelona's.

Everton are shit, Barca would take that one easily, Chelsea and United could go either way, there is no point saying they would thrash Barca that's just nonsense, Utd couldn't even get out of their group. City would thrash them though.

fergus90

:lol: Everton just lost at home to Newcastle and Fulham. Yeah Barca are garbage at the moment but there's a difference in getting folded by Mbappe than there is Callum Wilson for fuck sake.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Walk into this Barca side and improve us? Who are they?

Jam plus @Morten I have no problem saying the EPL is ahead of La Liga, always been the case since they have the top 6 teams who more or less on the same footing whereas La Liga has two or three. I have a problem with Proper’s logic that if we get thrashed by some teams that means that league is much better than La Liga. Also I don’t agree with his statement that La Liga has fallen behind Bundesliga and Serie A.

Morten

:lol: Everton just lost at home to Newcastle and Fulham. Yeah Barca are garbage at the moment but there's a difference in getting folded by Mbappe than there is Callum Wilson for fuck sake.

Dont know who compared them with Barca, i brought them up in comparison to la liga sides at the same table position.

Barca is supposed to beat Everton.

fergus90

Dont know who compared them with Barca, i brought them up in comparison to la liga sides at the same table position.

Barca is supposed to beat Everton.

Wasn't in response to your post, someone pointed out Barca would get thrashed by City, Liverpool, Leicester, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton.

fergus90

Jam plus @Morten I have no problem saying the EPL is ahead of La Liga, always been the case since they have the top 6 teams who more or less on the same footing whereas La Liga has two or three. I have a problem with Proper’s logic that if we get thrashed by some teams that means that league is much better than La Liga. Also I don’t agree with his statement that La Liga has fallen behind Bundesliga and Serie A.

Ndidi, Tielemens, and Soyuncu are 100% improvements on what we've got, I think the whole world would agree we'd much rather Jamie Vardy to Martin Braithwaite.

JamDav1982

Pereria, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Tielemans and Vardy even all improve Barca.

Castagne, Justin, Maddison and Barnes if keeps progressing as well most likely.

Not that they are players Barca need to get back to top but they would walk into this Barca team that first five and all have pace/power or both that teams now have that Barca have ben left behind on.

ebc_99

What teams in La Liga have better players than likes of Kane, Son, Ndombele, Richarlison, Calvert Lewin, Alan etc?

Should we look at likes of Granada? Great players like Soldad and Kenedy? EPL failures.

I do agree with the Spurs players and I do like Allan, I do think they could play for Barca, but not Richarlison or Calvert Lewin. I think in La Liga Mikel Oyarzabal, Gerard Moreno, Yeray Alvarez, Ander Capa, Nabil Fekir, would all improve Barca.

As for the Leicester players, I think they would improve Barca, but they are 2nd in the League so not some mid-table team, they would improve the other teams in England too.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I do agree with the Spurs players and I do like Allan, I do think they could play for Barca, but not Richarlison or Calvert Lewin. I think in La Liga Mikel Oyarzabal, Gerard Moreno, Yeray ?lvarez, Ander Capa, Nabil Fekir, I think they would all improve Barca.

Who is saying anything about Richarlison and DCL playing for Barca and even then they are better than some players in squad just now if that is argument.

That is as poor a bunch as expected and says it all if best can come up with.

Home of Barca Fans