Erling Braut Haaland

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Great analysis video about Erling Haaland's game with the help of advanced stats.

Good analysis on his strengths and weaknesses. His weaknesses, to sum them up, are:

- Lack of involvement in general play
- Poor passing
- Poor touches and dribbling in small spaces
- Aerial game is rather poor

Some of these can and should be improved and developed as he gets older, some of them might not. I'd say as they stand right now he would have a problem fitting into our game play.

I don't agree with the destination assessment on us, I think Messi leaving would not be a huge minus at all, it might be a plus. Also, what the heck is "Bacca"? I didn't think this was voiced over by a computer-generated voice.

Jenks

A 34-year-old Messi leaving us this summer also means Barca save tons of money from his salary.

We also have to cash in on Dembele & Roberto (lol) this summer as they'll be free agents in 2022.

I don't think Messi is going anywhere.

Bobo32

Good analysis on his strengths and weaknesses. His weaknesses, to sum them up, are:

- Poor passing

Some of these can and should be improved and developed as he gets older, some of them might not. I'd say as they stand right now he would have a problem fitting into our game play.

I don't agree with the destination assessment on us, I think Messi leaving would not be a huge minus at all, it might be a plus. Also, what the heck is "Bacca"? I didn't think this was voiced over by a computer-generated voice.

Haaland is obviously not of Barca-DNA. He is rough in his touches, a bit unpredictable in his movements and not very clinical or brilliant in the combinations.
But Barcelona can budget for one or two players that aren't really Barca-DNA, but instead creates some mess and unpredictability in some way. Even Dembele could be made use of in that way!
Haaland is the most dominant player I saw since the real Ronaldo. Messi is the best ever, but Haaland makes it look sometimes like he is on another planet physically, like Tyson to Ali almost.
He is unstoppable when he gets the feeling, and he has GREAT timing in the box, moves like a warrior when he senses danger... To see him and Messi together for a year would be great.

I think he'll improve his aerial game, and try to isolate or focus more on his strengths so that his weaknesses doesn't show as much. I can see him dominate completely and totally if he is free of injuries, and make Cristiano entirely irrelevant in any GOAT discussion in the future - it would instead be between Haaland or Messi, the ones preferring the elegant genius going for Messi but the ones preferring the physical player having a better case than they have currently with Cristiano...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Haaland is obviously not of Barca-DNA. He is rough in his touches, a bit unpredictable in his movements and not very clinical or brilliant in the combinations.
But Barcelona can budget for one or two players that aren't really Barca-DNA, but instead creates some mess and unpredictability in some way. Even Dembele could be made use of in that way!
Haaland is the most dominant player I saw since the real Ronaldo. Messi is the best ever, but Haaland makes it look sometimes like he is on another planet physically, like Tyson to Ali almost.
He is unstoppable when he gets the feeling, and he has GREAT timing in the box, moves like a warrior when he senses danger... To see him and Messi together for a year would be great.

I think he'll improve his aerial game, and try to isolate or focus more on his strengths so that his weaknesses doesn't show as much. I can see him dominate completely and totally if he is free of injuries, and make Cristiano entirely irrelevant in any GOAT discussion in the future - it would instead be between Haaland or Messi, the ones preferring the elegant genius going for Messi but the ones preferring the physical player having a better case than they have currently with Cristiano...

There is no doubt Haaland is a very good player and he can further improve some of his weaknesses and elements of his game since he is quite young (20 years of age), my concern is as he stands right now and if he doesn't improve his footwork, maneuvering in tight spaces, passing and his involvement in the game (getting better actually I think), he can easily get crowded out, isolated and rendered much less effective, as we have seen already many times even at Dortmund. By no means do I want typical Barca style or Barca DNA players, however I think he will need to be much more involved to play in a possession based system like ours, when we don't have a lot of opportunities for counters (certainly less than the likes of Dortmund) which allow much more open spaces where he thrives. If you watch the video analysis above, which compares him to Benzema with regard to involvement in general play, Haaland is at 6 percentile compared to Benzema who is a lot more than that.

Like I said before, great player nevertheless, but I have my concerns whether he will work here.

FinBarcelonafan

- Poor passing

Man that sounds like Dembele. He will be useless playing for Barca without any space. We would need to play totally different with him. Counter and sit back.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Man that sounds like Dembele. He will be useless playing for Barca without any space. We would need to play totally different with him. Counter and sit back.

Dembele is a winger, not a center forward or striker like Haaland is. Dembele can get space using his speed from the wings, whereas Haaland hovers inside or around the box among opposing defenders most of the time, waiting for service. Dembele might be clumsy too with his dribbling and passing, but he is more involved in the play than Haaland. Also as a winger Dembele doesn't have to be great aerially, he is not going to win aerial duels or score headers, something a center forward is expected to do.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dembele is a winger, not a center forward or striker like Haaland is. Dembele can get space using his speed from the wings, whereas Haaland hovers inside or around the box among opposing defenders most of the time, waiting for service. Dembele might be clumsy too with his dribbling and passing, but he is more involved in the play than Haaland. Also as a winger Dembele doesn't have to be great aerially, he is not going to win aerial duels or score headers, something a center forward is expected to do.

Yet he's done fuck all for us.

I do agree with you that Haaland need to improve in certain aspects, but I'm certain that he would fit pretty much any team in the World as long as you have players you can get him the ball.

El Guaje

There is no doubt Haaland is a very good player and he can further improve some of his weaknesses and elements of his game since he is quite young (20 years of age), my concern is as he stands right now and if he doesn't improve his footwork, maneuvering in tight spaces, passing and his involvement in the game (getting better actually I think), he can easily get crowded out, isolated and rendered much less effective, as we have seen already many times even at Dortmund. By no means do I want typical Barca style or Barca DNA players, however I think he will need to be much more involved to play in a possession based system like ours, when we don't have a lot of opportunities for counters (certainly less than the likes of Dortmund) which allow much more open spaces where he thrives. If you watch the video analysis above, which compares him to Benzema with regard to involvement in general play, Haaland is at 6 percentile compared to Benzema who is a lot more than that.

Like I said before, great player nevertheless, but I have my concerns whether he will work here.

He sure as hell scores enormous amounts of goals for a guy that can ”easily get crowded out or isolated”.

He is carrying a shit Dortmund team and is scoring for fun and it doesnt matter if he plays against a mid or shit team or the allmighty Bayern, he scores against everyone.

Also, Barca can and should do a Lucho where he made the team play much more vertical and direct instead of 5000 meaningless sideways passes and slowmotion buildup. We dont have the players for that anyways.

snowy

That defender at 5:00 showed some brass balls. Maybe he froze up or wanted to play waterslides :surfing:

I still give him up props though xD

Good analysis above but keep in mind, in the weaknesses, it only points out H's dribbling volume and not his success rate which actually is pretty good at 63.4%

Kane and Lukaku are at the 55% mark and Mbapp is at 46.5% tough he registers about 4.5 times more attempts. Different playing style and all but just saying ...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Signing ruled out to focus on Messi's renewal according to multiple tier 1 sources.

Game over lock the thread!

Same source also said Barca are planning to go all-in next summer when his release clause is set at 75m.

No team can afford Haaland this summer. He's staying at Dortmund either way. Only way he leaves if someone offers them 180m or something ridiculous like that.

Messigician

Same source also said Barca are planning to go all-in next summer when his release clause is set at 75m.

No team can afford Haaland this summer. He's staying at Dortmund either way. Only way he leaves if someone offers them 180m or something ridiculous like that.

Will leave to City for 120m

FinBarcelonafan

Someone will buy Mbappe and PSG signs Haaland

Home of Barca Fans