Erling Braut Haaland

olivis

Hummels was hit and miss with Bayern, was he not?

No CL during his tenure there either.

I always thought Hummels did great at Bayern.
The year they sold him they actually wanted to sell Boateng but then BVB offered a good amount for Hummels and they went along with it. Was definitely a great defender at Bayern and even if they didn't win a CL with him, they did get screwed over vs Real Madrid twice and had the stars been alligned slightly different he could well have won the CL in 2017 and 2018.

Hummels was not a flop at Bayern. G?tze was, what a dropoff he had.

Marshall D Teach

Bigger chance Dembele turns into Ronaldinho than him returning to Dortmund.

Doubt Dembele want to go there and doubt Dortmund would take him back after what he did when we signed him.

Meh they're willing to overlook those types of things. I still remember the Dortmund fanbase's meltdown over Gotze's move to Bayern :lol:

Yannik

Hummels was hit and miss with Bayern, was he not?

No CL during his tenure there either.

I dont remember Hummels being miss a lot, he was consistently the best CB even at times when Boateng regressed and was considered one of the best CBs in the world at the time.
He didnt win a CL but thats not really all down to him.

Vilarrubi

I dont remember Hummels being miss a lot, he was consistently the best CB even at times when Boateng regressed and was considered one of the best CBs in the world at the time.
He didnt win a CL but thats not really all down to him.

Why did you get rid of him?

Yannik

Why did you get rid of him?

Squad overhaul to make it short.

Hummels and Boateng were a pretty strong duo for a couple of years, but both were in their early 30s at that time and slowed down. Boateng became somewhat of a meme at some point (at this current date he's actually alright again though), Hummels indeed regressed aswell in his last year at Bayern, although he was still performing significantly better than Boateng. At the same time Suele was peaking and uncontested first choice CB. And then there was Hernandez who just got bought for a record sum. So long term Bayern was deciding to sell either Boateng or Hummels and keep the other one as backup. Boateng sale was Plan A. He got repeatedly offered to PSG who however did not pay whatever price Bayern was demanding. And then BVB came with a 30m offer for Hummels, which for a 30yo rotation player with 2 years left on his contract (who also asked Bayern to take the offer because he didnt like the prospect of being backup) seemed like a good enough trade. So Bayern went with that instead.

By the way my personal opinion is that whatever centerback Bayern fields, he is going to look significantly worse than he probably really is, just because that yolo high line is constantly exposing him. Probably a reason why Alaba - albeit the stupid wages he gets - might actually perform reasonably better in a Madrid setup that does a more efficient job at protecting their CBs.

Last edited:

Kul_z

If there was money to even think about sealing neymar deal, there should be something we can work out for viking

Home of Barca Fans