Erling Braut Haaland

Mateka

Welcome to the Dark side.

Man Utd, 9 years without EPL, 10 years without CL finals.
Milan, 10 years without Seria A, 14 years without CL finals.
Arsenal, 18 years without EPL, 15 years without CL finals.
Liverpool, in one moment 29 years without EPL title.
Ajax, 25 years without CL finals.

What is the same with all those clubs?
1. In one era they were the best club in Europe (except Arsenal)
2. But without money or the golden generation, results disappeared

If that were the case for Barca. Note the date from their last league, cup or CL victory. Note who is still around on this forum in 10 years time.

Laplacian

Wage salary limit for this season according to AS :

Real Madrid 739

Sevilla 200

Atletico Madrid 172

Villarreal 159

Real Sociedad 128

Athletic Club 111

Barcelona 98

Espanyol 78

Real Betis 71

Celta 66

Getafe 64

Osasuna 56

Granada 53

Mallorca 46

Cadiz 45

Alaves 43

Rayo Vallecano 42

Elche 42

Levante 32

Valencia 31

:lol: :lol:

Serious question here, where did the money go? I know we squandered some of it on Griezmann, Dembele and Coutinho but even Madrid had high profile transfers too. How is it that our coffers are completely gone whereas Madrid ended up making profit within the past few years despite spunking 150m on Hazard?

Did the absurd wages in our club make that much of a difference in depleting our financial resources? Even then I'm finding it hard to believe there was that much of a discrepancy in wages between Barcelona and Real Madrid. Like seriously guys, what the fuck happened?

messi2140

6racies Xavi
You answered your own question : overpaying for players and being the team with the highest wages prior to this season.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

If that were the case for Barca. Note the date from their last league, cup or CL victory. Note who is still around on this forum in 10 years time.

In 10 years time, we will be decent contenders for LL/CL while City will have faded into obscurity post Pep.

Have a good evening :mou:

BBZ8800

So, no CL semifinal in the next decade? Bold prediction.

When I said that Barca won't be in top5 in Europe, I didn't mean on a single season but overall.
For example, if a neutral would have to name top5 clubs of a decade 2010-2020ish, those would be:
1. Real 4 CLs
2. Bayern 2+1
3-4. Barca, Chelsea 2 Cls
5. Liverpool

Honorary mention: Atletico Madrid, 2 finals

So, if Tottenham or someone played one final, they are not suddenly a top5 club in Europe.

In that sense, I said: overall, Barca will be miles away from a Top5 in the next decade.

Mateka

In 10 years time, we will be decent contenders for LL/CL while City will have faded into obscurity post Pep.

Have a good evening :mou:

It is wonderful when somebody’s post on here, always brings me out in laughter. Their obsession is my joy.

I seem to remember that we won the EPL on more than one occasion pre Pep. I am delighted to win it with Pep. I am confident of winning it post Pep.

Not that I take lightly the opposition. When one has to contend with Liverpool, Chelsea , United plus Spurs, Arsenal and the rest of the EPL, to win it is exceptional.

As always, I rest my case, I allow you to have the last word.

I am still laughing.

Have a wonderful evening.

fergus90

The foundations have been laid at City now with their trophy-laden decade, the facilities at the training ground and the academy etc. They are a European super-power now and will be for the foreseeable future.

Morten

The foundations have been laid at City now with their trophy-laden decade, the facilities at the training ground and the academy etc. They are a European super-power now and will be for the foreseeable future.

Those "foundations" will certainly be tested once Pep leaves, sure he can spend whatever he wants at that club, but the value for their money has still been much better than say, United, and a lot of that has to do with the manager(s).

Speaking of which, thats a club that was supposed to be well set up post-Fergie, but they collapsed(relatively speaking) like a house of cards without him.

serghei

When I said that Barca won't be in top5 in Europe, I didn't mean on a single season but overall.
For example, if a neutral would have to name top5 clubs of a decade 2010-2020ish, those would be:
1. Real 4 CLs
2. Bayern 2+1
3-4. Barca, Chelsea 2 Cls
5. Liverpool

Honorary mention: Atletico Madrid, 2 finals

So, if Tottenham or someone played one final, they are not suddenly a top5 club in Europe.

In that sense, I said: overall, Barca will be miles away from a Top5 in the next decade.

Ah, but that's no problem.

Bayern Munich weren't top 5 in 00s for example. We were top 3 in both 00s and 10s, so not a biggie if we're not in 20s. Actually, I think we were top 5 in the 90s as well. Won many league titles, and won a CL + made another final.

Would actually be pretty damn rare to be a top 5 club consistently for 40 fucking years.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

By BBZ's metric, 00s:

1) Milan 2 CLs + 1 final
2) Barca 2 CLs
3-5) United, Liverpool, Bayern 1 CL + 1 final

Notably, RM isn't top 5. Even for a club like them, there are these sort of decades where others dominate.

serghei

By BBZ's metric, 00s:

1) Milan 2 CLs + 1 final
2) Barca 2 CLs
3-5) United, Liverpool, Bayern 1 CL + 1 final

Notably, RM isn't top 5. Even for a club like them, there are these sort of decades where others dominate.

Nah, Madrid won 2 CLs. 2000 and 2002. Bayern miss out IMO. Their 2010 final goes for 2010s.

Home of Barca Fans