Erling Braut Haaland

iniestaGOAT

Is it?
Seems most like he doesn't even know where to go and is being forced to decide

Realistically there are 4 teams be could go. He does not know where to go because there are doubts wether united and Barca make it to ucl next year. Mbappe might go to Madrid. Then there's city.

He can only make his decision toward the end of season when things are more clear.

Messi983

Is it?
Seems most like he doesn't even know where to go and is being forced to decide

Don't think he's forced to decide where he'll go but whether he'll leave or accept their new offer to renew and stay for another year (with higher wages and surely higher or possibly no clause as well). Which is understandable from Dortmund's perspective as they want to plan for next season but OTOH they risk their key player to be unfocused in games this season.

Wouldn't make sense Dortmund would want to know now which team he'll go to though. Due to clause they know they'll get 75m from whichever team he'll choose. Why would it matter for them if that money comes from RM, Barca or City?

El Gato

Villarato!
75mil clause. His idea was at least to leave.

That was not ever clearing up which team to go to from Haaland perspective. Of course he doesn't want his way out blocked, so the amount is just chosen so his future move isn't restricted to a few teams. It isn't however clear he knows where to go this summer.

Don't think he's forced to decide where he'll go but whether he'll leave or accept their new offer to renew and stay for another year (with higher wages and surely higher or possibly no clause as well). Which is understandable from Dortmund's perspective as they want to plan for next season but OTOH they risk their key player to be unfocused in games this season.

He's not forced where to go, but he is forced to make mind up. Which does make sense, but he clearly doesn't seem ready to choose at this time.

Which to me really just makes you question some things about him that we may be taking for granted. If he were the 'leader' everyone has him pegged as, I'd have thought he'd be quite self aware and realise he should have future mapped out a bit more than does considering everyone was after him since even Salzburg. But he's instead taking the line of "I want to enjoy my football"... I know he's young and all and it makes some sense, but he's in position where his entourage should have had these discussions with him earlier.

iniestaGOAT

Erling Haaland's priority is Real Madrid. His future will be resolved immediately, as he announced

Pathetic. Why are we desperate to sign someone obsessed with Madrid. Let this loser go.

El Gato

Villarato!
Erling Haaland's priority is Real Madrid. His future will be resolved immediately, as he announced

Pathetic. Why are we desperate to sign someone obsessed with Madrid. Let this loser go.

He's not obsessed. Of all options he'd probably rather don the kit Cristiano once did, but he hasn't ever indicated he'll die on this hill and this early in his career.

Also this story is being reported by @MadridistaReal portal which quoted own news from summer 2021 where they claimed he wants to go Madrid because Odegaard is there. Now you see how that turned out...

Rory

Most obvious choice for Haaland. Front three of Vinicius - Haaland - Mbappe would blow every team away. Only other team he'd instantly be successful is City. Don't know if Pep could deal with the ego though. He wouldn't want to sit on the bench for pep when he decides to play Sterling as a false 9 in the ucl final or some other dumb shit

fergus90

If he wanted to go to Real Madrid surely another season at Dortmund would be better. Him and Benzema would be vying for the same position right now and I don't think Benzema could be dislodged as simply as that.

Rassvet

Florentino Perez is obsessed with Haaland not going to Barcelona. Madrid are sure that Haaland and Mbappe will be the stars of the next decade. Madrid’s fear is he ends up at Barcelona. Madrid wants Haaland to go to PSG or the Premier League ahead of Barcelona (Sport)

iniestaGOAT

Barcelona will compete for Erling Haaland's signing with Manchester City, Manchester United, and PSG.

? @mundodeportivo

They keep saying Madrid isn't in the race. If we had half decent team this season I reckon he would have come here.

It's probably city or Barca

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tough decision.

As a Barca fan I'd want him here, but this club stinks nepotism and the way Xavi want to play with Busquets as his starter I can see Haaland just getting frustrated here. This club just cannot find a middle ground it seems.

Don't want us to lose our only World Class player, maybe ever if we're talking about being consistent World Class with him being stuck in a team full of nepotism under what could well be a poor man's Louis van Gaal in Xavi. With regards to the Norwegian NT and our chances I think Real Madrid is simply the better club for him as much I'd hate it.

Morten

Tough decision.

As a Barca fan I'd want him here, but this club stinks nepotism and the way Xavi want to play with Busquets as his starter I can see Haaland just getting frustrated here. This club just cannot find a middle ground it seems.

Don't want us to lose our only World Class player, maybe ever if we're talking about being consistent World Class with him being stuck in a team full of nepotism under what could well be a poor man's Louis van Gaal in Xavi. With regards to the Norwegian NT and our chances I think Real Madrid is simply the better club for him as much I'd hate it.

What chances? We aren't qualifying for anything regardless.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans