Erling Braut Haaland

BBZ8800

We could potentially be done as an elite club for good. Like Ajax or Benfica or Milan.

Welcome to the Dark side.

Man Utd, 9 years without EPL, 10 years without CL finals.
Milan, 10 years without Seria A, 14 years without CL finals.
Arsenal, 18 years without EPL, 15 years without CL finals.
Liverpool, in one moment 29 years without EPL title.
Ajax, 25 years without CL finals.

What is the same with all those clubs?
1. In one era they were the best club in Europe (except Arsenal)
2. But without money or the golden generation, results disappeared

serghei

Welcome to the Dark side.

Man Utd, 9 years without EPL, 10 years without CL finals.
Milan, 10 years without Seria A, 14 years without CL finals.
Arsenal, 18 years without EPL, 15 years without CL finals.
Liverpool, in one moment 29 years without EPL title.
Ajax, 25 years without CL finals.

What is the same with all those clubs?
1. In one era they were the best club in Europe (except Arsenal)
2. But without money or the golden generation, results disappeared

So, try a prediciton then, instead of dancing around. How many years without a La Liga for us post Messi? 10 years? 15 years?

OVI9323

You're too Pessimist BBZ, wanna know one thing that differ us from all this club? They didn't have Puig the Hookah master

BBZ8800

So, try a prediciton then, instead of dancing around. How many years without a La Liga for us post Messi? 10 years? 15 years?

I don't think that we will be that bad.

I do think that we will be nothing in a CL for the next 10-15 years.

In La liga, we'll probably win La liga here and there, but less often than in the last 30 years and RM will be dominant from now on due to more money, better overal situation and refs in their favor due to Spain vs Catalonia politics.

But my point is: we won't be in top5 in Europe in the next decade.

FinBarcelonafan

In La liga, we'll probably win La liga here and there, but less often than in the last 30 years and RM will be dominant from now on due to more money, better overal situation and refs in their favor due to Spain vs Catalonia politics.

You can't know.

Football changes in one season. Who would have thought Chelsea win CL?! I mean seriously.

Football is unpredictable and especially in small tournament format.

Barca needs to fix their defense and find proper guys to attack and they can challenge top teams again.

That's up to luck and skill to find the right players.

A lot of people said Barca was done and they should sell every player after they lost Vs Munich in two games 7-0. We came back in one or two seasons.

Of course, in our situation, it's more likely we will struggle for years. I'd bet on that too, but things can go well too, if we are lucky.

The past few years Barca have been very unlucky. Bad signings, a lot of terrible injuries etc. Hopefully it will change now.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

We could potentially be done as an elite club for good. Like Ajax or Benfica or Milan.

Makes me shudder. I think it would be a massive loss for football in general too. We lit up the world of football with vibrant, attacking football. I think la liga especially and football in general needs a strong Barcelona.

Zidane82

Three ..

Our midfielder will be fabulous for the next few years

Just need to sort out a top CB plus somehow get Haaland in the meantime

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Everything hinges on how successful our economic/financial recovery will turn out to be, which goes hand in hand with our results on the pitch and it can become a vicious cycle. If we manage to do well without spending big and win some trophies, we will have more money to buy players to solidify ourselves and build on our moderate success to become something bigger.

serghei

So, no CL semifinal in the next decade? Bold prediction.

Winning CL is by definition very rare. A club like Bayern has what, 3 CLs in 30 years (speaking about CL format, not old European Cup), Milan 3 in 30. 1 every 10 years or so. Liverpool has 2 in 30. United also 2 in 30. We have 4 in 30.

Madrid have more, true (about 7 in 30), they are the only ones who seem to be able to win this competition while not being that dominant.

So, winning 1 CL every 8-10 years seems to be the norm overall for elite clubs.

I think the generation of Gavi, Fati, Nico, Pedri, De Jong will win the Champions League. Could be in 3 years, or 5+ (more likely), but they will win one at least (maybe not all will be around, but most will).

Last edited:

Zidane82

I hope we move heaven and earth to sign Haaland.

With him up front and one decent new CB we could dominate for the next 5 years

Laplacian

So, no CL semifinal in the next decade? Bold prediction.

Winning CL is by definition very rare. A club like Bayern has what, 3 CLs in 30 years (speaking about CL format, not old European Cup), Milan 3 in 30. 1 every 10 years or so. Liverpool has 2 in 30. United also 2 in 30. We have 4 in 30.

Madrid have more, true (about 7 in 30), they are the only ones who seem to be able to win this competition while not being that dominant.

So, winning 1 CL every 8-10 years seems to be the norm overall for elite clubs.

I think the generation of Gavi, Fati, Nico, Pedri, De Jong will win the Champions League. Could be in 3 years, or 5+ (more likely), but they will win one at least (maybe not all will be around, but most will).

I hope you're specifically referring to generations, and not the actual players on your list. Also when De Jong hits 30 Gavi will be 23 with Fati, Nico, and Pedri being being 25. Not at all the same generation of players.

Home of Barca Fans