User Tag List

Page 188 of 198 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2963

Thread: Erling Braut Haaland

  1. #2806
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,769
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's back.

  2. #2807
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    19,009
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 easy goals. Haaland is pulling a Ronaldo today.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

  3. #2808
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    8,519
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The newer generation is adopting CR7's model of success. Overall performance does not matter as long as you somehow score and score in all games.

    To be honest, I don't blame them. Scoring is what wins games.

    I think NeyNey now (and obviously Messi in his prime) are the only recent players who care about giving a show as much as they do about winning.

  4. #2809
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13,327
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    The newer generation is adopting CR7's model of success. Overall performance does not matter as long as you somehow score and score in all games.

    To be honest, I don't blame them. Scoring is what wins games.

    I think NeyNey now (and obviously Messi in his prime) are the only recent players who care about giving a show as much as they do about winning.
    Its not about that, Haaland is a number 9, this is what they've always done(to varying degrees of success).

    CR was a very different player at 20, much more like Vinicius(though more talented) than Haaland, his shift towards being a poacher happened gradually.

  5. #2810
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    8,519
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Its not about that, Haaland is a number 9, this is what they've always done(to varying degrees of success).

    CR was a very different player at 20, much more like Vinicius(though more talented) than Haaland, his shift towards being a poacher happened gradually.
    I guess it holds more true in the case of Mbappe than Haaland for the reasons that the latter is an out and out striker.

  6. #2811
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,769
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    I guess it holds more true in the case of Mbappe than Haaland for the reasons that the latter is an out and out striker.
    Cristano at the start of his prime (2008-2012) was a world class dribbler and free kick taker. Mbappe is neither of those.

  7. #2812
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    8,519
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackle View Post
    Cristano at the start of his prime (2008-2012) was a world class dribbler and free kick taker. Mbappe is neither of those.
    Congratulations on missing the point. I'm not saying Mbappe's career parallels CR7's. I'm saying he's modeled his game after CR7's philosophy in the last 5-6 years of only caring about scoring.

  8. #2813
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,606
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    The newer generation is adopting CR7's model of success. Overall performance does not matter as long as you somehow score and score in all games.

    To be honest, I don't blame them. Scoring is what wins games.

    I think NeyNey now (and obviously Messi in his prime) are the only recent players who care about giving a show as much as they do about winning.
    Wait you think Messi now is not playing beautiful game??? Just a goal vs Bilbao last game is truly beauty of football.

  9. #2814
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,606
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackle View Post
    Cristano at the start of his prime (2008-2012) was a world class dribbler and free kick taker. Mbappe is neither of those.
    World class fk taker??? Most of his shoots went to the wall. More like a world class at hitting the wall. And his dribble was all about speed.
    Dribble at international tournament:
    Mbappe: 4,2 dribbles per game in 2018 World cup.
    Ronaldo never manage these things. His best is at 2004 Euro with like 30% success rate.
    Last edited by vegitot; 18th April 2021 at 04:47 PM.

  10. #2815
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    8,519
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    Wait you think Messi now is not playing beautiful game??? Just a goal vs Bilbao last game is truly beauty of football.
    I meant day in and day out. Messi obviously still has moments where he folds defenders on the dribble but he did that for fun in his prime is what I meant.

  11. #2816
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,606
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    I meant day in and day out. Messi obviously still has moments where he folds defenders on the dribble but he did that for fun in his prime is what I meant.
    It is all players style. Neymar is Joga Bonito style, try to stick with his tricks. Messi is not.

  12. #2817
    Senior Member
    fergus90's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,184
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's 50 goals for Haaland at Dortmund now. Officially 51 in 54. Had a nice header ruled out for the hat-trick too.

  13. #2818
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,458
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    The newer generation is adopting CR7's model of success. Overall performance does not matter as long as you somehow score and score in all games.

    To be honest, I don't blame them. Scoring is what wins games.

    I think NeyNey now (and obviously Messi in his prime) are the only recent players who care about giving a show as much as they do about winning.
    It's sad that there aren't many players at the very top with Neymar's style. Neymar and Messi are the last ones standings at the elite level. Hazard was among them but he's currently broken.

    Below that tier there's Graelish and Zaha.

  14. #2819
    Senior Member
    catalinutzR80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Posting perfection in the Women's thread
    Posts
    15,133
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0 goals today and missed a penaldo


    SMH.
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"


    - I will NOT watch another Barcelona game untill Valverde leaves -

  15. #2820
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Willebroek
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His goal drought aside, his general play seems to have been a bit inconsistent as well, though he is still very young and has all the time to bounce back...Hope all this hype and transfer talk didn't get to his head