Erling Braut Haaland

KingLeo10

The newer generation is adopting CR7's model of success. Overall performance does not matter as long as you somehow score and score in all games.

To be honest, I don't blame them. Scoring is what wins games.

I think NeyNey now (and obviously Messi in his prime) are the only recent players who care about giving a show as much as they do about winning.

Morten

The newer generation is adopting CR7's model of success. Overall performance does not matter as long as you somehow score and score in all games.

I think NeyNey now (and obviously Messi in his prime) are the only recent players who care about giving a show as much as they do about winning.

Its not about that, Haaland is a number 9, this is what they've always done(to varying degrees of success).

CR was a very different player at 20, much more like Vinicius(though more talented) than Haaland, his shift towards being a poacher happened gradually.

KingLeo10

Its not about that, Haaland is a number 9, this is what they've always done(to varying degrees of success).

CR was a very different player at 20, much more like Vinicius(though more talented) than Haaland, his shift towards being a poacher happened gradually.

I guess it holds more true in the case of Mbappe than Haaland for the reasons that the latter is an out and out striker.

Tackle

I guess it holds more true in the case of Mbappe than Haaland for the reasons that the latter is an out and out striker.

Cristano at the start of his prime (2008-2012) was a world class dribbler and free kick taker. Mbappe is neither of those.

KingLeo10

Cristano at the start of his prime (2008-2012) was a world class dribbler and free kick taker. Mbappe is neither of those.

Congratulations on missing the point. I'm not saying Mbappe's career parallels CR7's. I'm saying he's modeled his game after CR7's philosophy in the last 5-6 years of only caring about scoring.

vegitot

Wait you think Messi now is not playing beautiful game??? Just a goal vs Bilbao last game is truly beauty of football.

vegitot

World class fk taker??? Most of his shoots went to the wall. More like a world class at hitting the wall. And his dribble was all about speed.
Dribble at international tournament:
Mbappe: 4,2 dribbles per game in 2018 World cup.
Ronaldo never manage these things. His best is at 2004 Euro with like 30% success rate.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Wait you think Messi now is not playing beautiful game??? Just a goal vs Bilbao last game is truly beauty of football.

I meant day in and day out. Messi obviously still has moments where he folds defenders on the dribble but he did that for fun in his prime is what I meant.

vegitot

I meant day in and day out. Messi obviously still has moments where he folds defenders on the dribble but he did that for fun in his prime is what I meant.

It is all players style. Neymar is Joga Bonito style, try to stick with his tricks. Messi is not.

fergus90

That's 50 goals for Haaland at Dortmund now. Officially 51 in 54. Had a nice header ruled out for the hat-trick too.

Laplacian

It's sad that there aren't many players at the very top with Neymar's style. Neymar and Messi are the last ones standings at the elite level. Hazard was among them but he's currently broken.

Below that tier there's Graelish and Zaha.

slicknick

His goal drought aside, his general play seems to have been a bit inconsistent as well, though he is still very young and has all the time to bounce back...Hope all this hype and transfer talk didn't get to his head

Home of Barca Fans