Erling Braut Haaland

Porque

Imagine all that City pressing and actually having a killer in the box. Wouldn't be fair.

Let's see if Pep and Raiola can sort things out over a pizza.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There is a decent chance that both Mbappe and Haaland may not be a good fit for us. The funny thing is both would be great at RM. We shall wait and see.

Both will be great fit for a new Barca moving into the age of modern football.

Ansu - Haaland - Quick Winger

Mbappe - Ansu - Quick Winger

should be our forward starting line from 2022/23 and onwards.

Hopefully we've moved on from the slowpokes in the team by then.

With that said, I don't fancy us getting either of them with our financial situation. Not unless Haaland is available for 75m or Mbappe is available for cheap or for free.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This really needs to be elaborated? How often do we play on the counter? Can Mbappe hold up the ball and challenge the defenders when we try to bypass the press? Mbappe needs to play off a 9 to be even remotely effective and his best asset isn't finishing but his atheltiscim.
Halland will occupy defenders bring more people in to play as well as having much better finishing and movement than Mbappe.
cbf elaborating any further.

Haaland holds up the ball well?

How is Haaland going to get the ball? Being surrounded and crowded by opposing defenders and we cross? He is not particularly great at headers.

When Dortmund had most of the possession like when they played against Frankfurt and Stuttgart recently, this is what happened. He got isolated.

fergus90

Haaland holds up the ball well?

How is Haaland going to get the ball? Being surrounded and crowded by opposing defenders and we cross? He is not particularly great at headers.

When Dortmund had most of the possession like when they played against Frankfurt and Stuttgart recently, this is what happened. He got isolated.

He could of been played in on four occasions against Stuttgart but his teammates neglected the opportunity. Dortmund in general are not playing well or having a great season. Sacked Favre in January and lost 10 games.

At a better team he would be clinical and get several chances a game. Some games at Dortmund he’s reduced to one half chance a game.

Jenks

He could of been played in on four occasions against Stuttgart but his teammates neglected the opportunity. Dortmund in general are not playing well or having a great season. Sacked Favre in January and lost 10 games.

At a better team he would be clinical and get several chances a game. Some games at Dortmund he’s reduced to one half chance a game.

I don't think this is true at all. I watch Dortmund most weeks and he misses multiple chances per game, not always great chances, but still. He's a beast but he's less clinical than people think.

khaled_a_d

This is the price my ass.

the release clause will be the price.

They denied its existence consistently tbf.

He basically hovered around the penalty box waiting for service most of the time, had very little to do. Did drop back a few times to receive the ball to set up his teammates but nothing came out of them. To me this is what sets Mbappe apart from Haaland, Mbappe can drive the ball forward through defense and Haaland needs service much more than Mbappe.

How is that going to suit us?

By adding/keeping playmakers?
10 days ago I choose Mpabbe over Halaand in the polls thread, and I still do.
But if we sign Halaand, he will be a sort of a Drogba type of attacker, more mobile and probably even better goal scorer, we will need the service of Messi for him, and hopefully Pedri playmaking will develop sooner, Fati is also not that bad in this regard.
We will have to evolve, but Haland will be our franchise player if signed and that means the team will have to adapt to him and not vice versa, unless Fati surpass him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
By adding/keeping playmakers?
10 days ago I choose Mpabbe over Halaand in the polls thread, and I still do.
But if we sign Halaand, he will be a sort of a Drogba type of attacker, more mobile and probably even better goal scorer, we will need the service of Messi for him, and hopefully Pedri playmaking will develop sooner, Fati is also not that bad in this regard.
We will have to evolve, but Haland will be our franchise player if signed and that means the team will have to adapt to him and not vice versa, unless Fati surpass him.

I doubt that will happen and if it does, I question how successful it will be.

I do wonder though, say if we get Haaland and if he doesn't turn out to be a bang right off the bat or in a relatively short period of time, do we decide to cut the loss and move on or like you said, make the whole team adapt to him and change how we play to accommodate him.

FCMessi

They denied its existence consistently tbf.

With a 75m clause, Barca's chance signing Haaland is hardly guaranteed.

Without a clause, Barca's chance signing Haaland seems pretty much 0 in a bidding war.

and given his performance in 2 games against City, not breaking Barca's remaining piggy bank to sign Haaland might not be a bad thing.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I doubt that will happen and if it does, I question how successful it will be.

I do wonder though, say if we get Haaland and if he doesn't turn out to be a bang right off the bat or in a relatively short period of time, do we decide to cut the loss and move on or like you said, make the whole team adapt to him and change how we play to accommodate him.

We are at rebuilding phase, which player do we have that is under 30 that Halaand should adjust his game for?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We are at rebuilding phase, which player do we have that is under 30 that Halaand should adjust his game for?

Players come and go, our style or approach to the game won't easily change, let alone changing it just to accommodate one player.

What I meant was, at what point do we say, OK, it didn't work out with Haaland the way we have been playing, let's take everything apart and do a fundamental change so that he can bang in a lot of goals for us?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Coming to Bayern. Y'all heard it here, folks.

I think Haaland is going to leave Dortmund next summer (2022), will Lewandowski be too old or too incapacitated to play effectively to be a starter so Haaland will come to take his spot?

khaled_a_d

Players come and go, our style or approach to the game won't easily change, let alone changing it just to accommodate one player.

Our style has changed significantly over the years. It is a whole myth and marketing propaganda tbh to say our style won't change.
The only thing we keep is being "mostly" the attacking side, but that is where it ends.
Rijkaard and Lucho for example had played way different style than each other and obviously other than Pep, and EV played totally different than both.
Can Halaand play in an attacking side? I honestly think so.

What I meant was, at what point do we say, OK, it didn't work out with Haaland the way we have been playing, let's take everything apart and do a fundamental change so that he can bang in a lot of goals for us?

We have changed formation how many times this year? 4231, 433, 352 & 343
With Haland, we will do something like this, unless we can build an actual really strong team before he comes.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We have changed formation how many times this year? 4231, 433, 352 & 343
With Haland, we will do something like this, unless we can build an actual really strong team before he comes.

Not as simple as changing formations, I was referring to changes like, for example, ditching possession-based play altogether, or keeping the possession-based play but play more like say Real Madrid or Bayern etc. Can we do it? Maybe. Will we do it for the sake of one player?

Certainly it will depend on the vision and desires of the board, sporting director and the manager. We will see.

khaled_a_d

Not as simple as changing formations, I was referring to changes like, for example, ditching possession-based play altogether, or keeping the possession-based play but play more like say Real Madrid or Bayern etc. Can we do it? Maybe. Will we do it for the sake of one player?

Certainly it will depend on the vision and desires of the board, sporting director and the manager. We will see.

We have played direct football with Lucho, we have also done that to great extent with EV and many times under Rijkaard.
So why not? We don't have the midfielders for a possession based game plan. Only one we have atm who suits that is Busquets and he is almost 33 and maybe Pedri.
FDJ & Illaix for example aren't suited for heavy possession gameplan.

Actually when you say that, you make me think we better ditch it even without Halaand :lol:
The game at the moment is more about speed and directness, I think Halaand suits both.
Not as an all time great IMo, I said before I see him as a top 10 players that will be paid like top 3, but goal scorers are hard to come by and you have to build around one.

Home of Barca Fans