Erling Braut Haaland

JamDav1982

They want to make it an auction.

If the numbers were seen as achievable there would be no auction and multiple clubs would pay it.

Just a starting point of figures that are far too high for clubs to start offering what they can.

Vilarrubi

Barcelona will continue to try and sign Haaland, but the operation is very complicated.

— @moillorens

Let’s hope.

khaled_a_d

They spent about 30M for Neuer (2011) and about 40M for Hummels (2016), even for that time these are not big figures. Hernandez for 80M is the highest figure ever paid by the club, and despite this they have 0 debts and they reached CL 3 finals (2 won) in the last 10 years (better then us).

They were very big figures actually when you take into account their positions, Neuer was top 3 most expensive GK and Hummels were one of most expensive CBs in history too.
And Bayern situation in Germany isn't a model you can replicate in Spain.

We spent 420M for Cou-Demb-Grizz in the recent years (I could add other examples like Malcom for 40m..)..... and the best purchases (apart FDJ) is Pedri for 5M. And Fati.

420M is the figure including all add-ons which we won't pay even most of them, but ok. We paid a lot for sure.
But who is our next big 3 signings? Neymar/Suarez/FDJ. All were hugely successful deals for us and was worth every cent paid for them. Suarez was the 3rd most expensive player in history when he was signed (after Bale and CR7) just like Coutinho. Neymar was also top 10.

It's not how much you spend, but how smartly you spend, that makes the difference (How much have PSG spent and what have they won ?)
Having a competent and intelligent management (that also mean having the balls to say no to everyone, even to Messi, just to give a better idea of what I mean ) with a clear football philosophy/vision/project, rely on the cantera and build a strong scouting networks all around the world is not a stupid way to follow. Also Araujo and Mingueza are good examples...

It is about value for money, sometimes you get a good cheap bargain, other times your cheapest option is actually the one with the most expensive price tag.
Liverpool for example made record defensive signing in VVD, record GK signing in Alison, record club signing in consecutive years in Mane & Salah. All were expensive players when they signed and all were worth the money.
Manu made a record signings in Pogba and Maguire and they both failed.

With 420M, a smart management would build from scratch a CL competitive team.

That does not mean that we do not to pay big figure anymore.
I like Haaland, imo we need more a CF like him then a player like Mbappe, but not at any price.

They will be spending at least one third of it on attacker then.
You can't win CL or even compete for it without elite offensive weapon. This has been the case for almost CL winner in past decade and half bar chelsea.
And those players require huge money, unless you are Bayern and can secure a player like Lewa for free because he only wants to sign there.

If he want to join us (it should be a pride for a footballer to wear our jersey and we certainly don't offer him a starvation contract) perfect, I would be very happy..... if it's just a question of who offers the most... bye bye and good luck.

Players knows they are the one who make their employers big money and not vice versa.
If we aren't making an even competitive offer, then you are basically trying to exploit a great young man talent's based on "pride for a footballer to wear our jersey" and it will never happen.
Messi knew that, CR7 knew that, Neymar knew it, Ronaldinho knew it and Halaand and Mpabbe knows it.
If you pay them they know you can sooner or later turn back the investment and if you don't they can look elsewhere.
Sure, during negotiations they will ask for some "above the market" demands but it is normal during such process.

And sure, no one wants to give every player their demands or spend recklessly, but at the end you have to decide which players you have to go all in and do that.

MagIX

Ok, we have different opinion and I respect yours, but for me

30M for Neuer or 40M for Hummels are not large amount, not even at that time and despite the position.

For me only Neymar was a very good investment, Suarez for me had been very good for only 1 year. (FDJ, as written in my previous post, is a very good purchase)

Liverpool spent 34M for Mane and 40M for Salah (both not star players) for me not big figures, Klopp saw in these players talent/potential and he was right. VVD and Alison expansive yes but thanks to the 120M received form Couthino deal Liverpool decided to spend so much and again they was right because both delivered for what they had been paid.

MU.... that the difference of having smart management and not.

For me spending so much for players like Cou, Demb, Grizz, Malcom and btw (not because of the price) the saga RB with Douglas, Vidal, R.Sergio mean having an shameful incompetent and ridiculous management.

For me wearing a legendary jersey like ours (and not only ours) is not the same like wearing a MCity or PSG jersey (or others).

Having clarified that and as already written, it is only my opinion., therefore I won't reply anymore on this topic :)

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Ok, we have different opinion and I respect yours, but for me

30M for Neuer or 40M for Hummels are not large amount, not even at that time and despite the position.

For me only Neymar was a very good investment, Suarez for me had been very good for only 1 year. (FDJ, as written in my previous post, is a very good purchase)

Liverpool spent 34M for Mane and 40M for Salah (both not star players) for me not big figures, Klopp saw in these players talent/potential and he was right. VVD and Alison expansive yes but thanks to the 120M received form Couthino deal Liverpool decided to spend so much and again they was right because both delivered for what they had been paid.

MU.... that the difference of having smart management and not.

For me spending so much for players like Cou, Demb, Grizz, Malcom and btw (not because of the price) the saga RB with Douglas, Vidal, R.Sergio mean having an shameful incompetent and ridiculous management.

For me wearing a legendary jersey like ours (and not only ours) is not the same like wearing a MCity or PSG jersey (or others).

It was reported at time Klopp was not all that keen on Salah and it was more their analytic dept that pushed for him. Same with Robertson.

Easy to pick and choose the current teams doing well having not spent a lot but it goes in cycles and if that easy Liverpool will repeat it.

Myth about Coutinho money paying for VVD and Allison. They could have afforded both and tried to buy VVD before Coutinho left.

Liverpool are getting to point a lot of players are turning 30 and will have to rebuild before long. Lets see how easy their management find it.

khaled_a_d

VVD and Alison expansive yes but thanks to the 120M received form Couthino deal Liverpool decided to spend so much and again they was right because both delivered for what they had been paid.

And we were able to afford Dembele & Coutinho thanks to Neymar deal too. We were able to afford the likes of Griezmann and maybe Halaand/Mpabbe thanks to great revenue that we need new poster boy in order to keep it coming.

Givenchy

if we have the money (which I highly doubt) we should prioritize and go for Mbappe. Superior player, no Raiola, higher ceiling and has proven more at the highest level. Generational talent gets thrown around too much lately but Mbappe is the real deal

Dembouz-Mbappe connection also, the real french connection

I always see Haaland in the PL, maybe at a club like United so Raiola can ship him on in a few seasons for the next big pay day.

Horatio

You're welcome
Maybe Mbappe has proven more at highest level only because he has gotten there more often with his team. I still think of the two Haaland is the one with the nerves of steel and is less likely to succumb to pressure. Mbappes personality also worries me.

Home of Barca Fans