Erling Braut Haaland

Jenks

I honestly believe he's the best #9 in the world. I think he'd score more for Bayern than Lewandowski does.

Morten

He scores the goals that a striker is supposed to score, but he also scores a good number of goals that are barely meant to be actual chances.

The first goal today i was left thinking, "how do you even make a goal from that initial play?", very special talent this kid.

Edit : 2nd goal that got disallowed

Last edited:

malvolio

The first goal today i was left thinking, "how do you even make a goal from that initial play?", very special talent this kid.

you're joking aren't you? he was left unmarked in the penalty box. what's so special about him scoring that?

sevilla try to exit their own half but manage to look like characters from a cartoon. they lose the ball, dortmund players quickly counter and haaland is left unmarked into the box. he didn't even need to move that much.

Last edited:

Yannik

you're joking aren't you? he was left unmarked in the penalty box. what's so special about him scoring that?

sevilla try to exit their own half but manage to look like characters from a cartoon. they lose the ball, dortmund players quickly counter and haaland is left unmarked into the box. he didn't even need to move that much.

Haaland was also the one that dispossessed Fernando to get the whole pressing phase underway. People constantly talk about forwards dribbling, technique, shooting, passing etc and barely ever mention their pressing capabilities despite the fact that we live in a football era where it became the nonplus ultra. Many forwards are being praised for their ability on the ball, while simultaniously being passengers without it.

Last edited:

fergus90

I implore you to take a look at his scissor kick goal against Schalke and the first goal of his brace against Monchengladbach, if you don't think he's capable of scoring goals other than smashing it in.

His movement and timing off the defenders shoulders is almost always impeccable too, he rarely gets called for offside.

Morten

My mistake, the 2nd goal.

vegitot

Haaland was also the one that dispossessed Fernando to get the whole pressing phase underway. People constantly talk about forwards dribbling, technique, shooting, passing etc and barely ever mention their pressing capabilities despite the fact that we live in a football era where it became the nonplus ultra. Many forwards are being praised for their ability on the ball, while simultaniously being passengers without it.

Ehhh, Haaland was in penalty box when it happened. He didn't press.

vegitot

Imo, our nice sportsmanship guys get eaten alive in tough away matches because they are too nice, afraid to look anyone in the eyes and not to mention: being able to curse, provoke or fight.

Nice guys Busi and Iniesta can win CLs only when they are way superior on the field.
In 50:50 matches, they will usually get bullied.

Haland looks like a guy who will still fight at 0:2 in the 80th minute, unlike our Fc sulking team.

Iniesta won world cup while being fouled the whole match.

Yannik

??? what have you guys watched? he certainly didn't. he was in the middle, nobody was tracking him.

He literally did. I'm broadcasting the exact scene right now and the only big blonde dude with a number 9 shirt on the pitch that just dispossessed Fernando 15 second before the goal is called Erling Haaland. He won the ball on the right wing, forced Sevilla back and they ran into a pressing trap, which Dortmund capitalizes from.

Home of Barca Fans