EURO Qualifiers

Neeraj

Some crazy stuff going on in South American WC qualifiers. Ecuador beating 6-1 Colombia(and I am in Ecuador lol) and Venezuela beating Chile 2-1.

Haha it was insane, one of my flat mates in from Venezuela and the other from Chile, mad scenes at the house :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
It was the UNL y'all. Why would they care about it in a pandemic season when they have automatic promotion through their qualifying group?

Alik

It was the UNL y'all. Why would they care about it in a pandemic season when they have automatic promotion through their qualifying group?

Because they're ruthless and proud.

Same reason they keep trying to score as many goals as possible when they are already 4 goals up.

I think they did care enough to:

1) win
2) at least not get humiliated with a 6-0 thumping.

El Gato

Villarato!
Because they're ruthless and proud.

Same reason they keep trying to score as many goals as possible when they are already 4 goals up.

I think they did care enough to:

1) win
2) at least not get humiliated with a 6-0 thumping.

Before the game maybe. But consider the density of international matches + club fixtures being every 3 days, as soon as conceded 2-3, why keep going when a) you can achieve qualification in the other set of fixtures against shittier teams ; b) you're guaranteed a seed in the semis for the qualifier playoffs as a runner-up?

In the event of a win, they would have won the group and qualified for WC 2022 automatically, yes. (Edit: no they would not, ignore me) But there's at least 2 other chances to do so and it's the middle of a pandemic. I bet my left nut every big nation has people calculating these permutations and feeding them to managers.

Also why the fuck are federations still scheduling friendlies?

Since 2018:
Autumn 2018 - 4 Nations League matches + 2 friendlies
Spring/Summer 2019 - 2 qualifiers in March 2019, 2 in June
Autumn 2019 - 6 qualifiers
Spring/Summer 2020 - 3 friendlies planned for March and June 2020 ahead of Euro cancelled

That adds up to 19 matches, 14 competitive

Now cue 2020-2022 cycle:
Autumn 2020 - 6 Nations League + 2 friendlies (already 180 minutes more football than needed)
Spring 2021 - 3 qualifiers
Autumn 2021 - 3 qualifiers in September, 2 in October, 2 in November = 7 total PLUS 1 UNL semi + 1 UNL final/third place
Spring 2022 - 2 WC potential playoffs matches through qualifiers + 2 through UNL
Winter being the world cup

16 competitive matches minimum

How many friendlies we gonna get here?

Last edited:

Yannik

DFB does care, but it doesnt matter anyway.
Noone in Germany watches this shit anymore, everyone is on the same page that Loew and the DFB have been sucking the life out of the German NT both on and off the pitch. TV ratings at all time lows and by now you can tell through the interviews even the players see absolutely no value in our games any longer. Meanwhile the own fans root against us in masses.

NT Football here in Germany has been long dead, even the WC didnt fix it..

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
DFB does care, but it doesnt matter anyway.
Noone in Germany watches this shit anymore, everyone is on the same page that Loew and the DFB have been sucking the life out of the German NT both on and off the pitch. TV ratings at all time lows and by now you can tell through the interviews even the players see absolutely no value in our games any longer. Meanwhile the own fans root against us in masses.

NT Football here in Germany has been long dead, even the WC didnt fix it..

What are they waiting for with L?w? They won't sack him out of respect and would rather let his contract runt out?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

De Bruyne's technique is maybe the best in the world, what a great shot from him. I feel like nearly every shot from him in the box is a goal, accurate as fuck.

Home of Barca Fans