LaLiga 2 (La Liga Smartbank)

Messi983

Damn, was looking forward to watch UDLP vs Granada instead of stupid international friendlies tonight then I've realized Moleiro is with Spain U21 and Arezo is on the bench. Will probably still keep an eye on the game but much less interested now.

Porque

Damn, was looking forward to watch UDLP vs Granada instead of stupid international friendlies tonight then I've realized Moleiro is with Spain U21 and Arezo is on the bench. Will probably still keep an eye on the game but much less interested now.

I saw an alert that Chelsea and Liverpool were after the new Pedri and instantly assumed it was Moleiro. Made me think "damn we really should have tied him up already", but then read the article and saw it was Alex Baena of Villarreal.

Bit surprised to see the link but he has hit the ground running at Villarreal this year. How do you rate him?

Messi983

Already caught my eye few times last season on loan at Girona but still a bit surprised with his good start at Villarreal as was expecting he'd be loaned to another La Liga team this year. Solid talent, not sure if he will ever make it at a big club though. Would definitely be smarter for him to stay and keep developing at Villarreal for now.

Messi983

Burgos have finally conceded their first goal in Round 11 against last placed Mirandes. Pretty crazy game.

Their GK Jose Antonio Caro was expelled in 28th minute (Burgos scored a few minutes earlier) after he played with his hands outside of the penalty box to possibly prevent a goal but he can continue to build on his 928 minutes unbeaten record after he serves his suspension.

Then their backup GK came in and made some good saves before Atletico Madrid's loanee Marcos Paulo equalized in 94' but Burgos still found a way to win it in 102. minute and are now 3rd on the table (obviously still unbeaten).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC4KWMgDz5o

Other unbeaten team Las Palmas are top of the table with Alaves just a point behind them. Pimienta's team defensive record is also good. They've conceded 3 goals in a draw against Mirandes (UDLP were up 3-1 but then Mirandes responded with two goals in last three minutes of the game) three weeks ago but have only conceded a goal in other 10 games. Still have 5 draws though as they usually struggle to score.

In other news, former Villarreal manager Javi Calleja has taken over Levante who are currently 9th but ofc differences between teams are still small at this point of the season.

Messi983

Crazy finish of Segunda ahead of us.

Top 5 teams within 3 points with four rounds left.

1. Eibar 67
2. Granada 65
3. Levante 65
4. Alaves 65
5. Las Palmas 64

In last round Levante beat Alaves 2-0 while Granada and Eibar drew 1-1. UDLP (they're really struggling lately and only have 2 wins in last 10 games) also only got a point against midtable Zaragoza.

And we have more derbies upcoming - Alaves-Granada (this Friday already) and Eibar-Las Palmas (next Monday) so things could get a bit clearer or even more complicated.

In relegation battle Malaga in front of 27k fans at La Rosaleda only managed a goalless draw against Huesca today. They could've won but Andres Fernandez saved penalty from Ruben Castro. Malaga are 6 points from safety so very likely they'll join Lugo, Ibiza (both already matematically relegated) and Ponferradina in Primera RFEF next season.

It's really a shame, they should be in La Liga.

Slevinn

Eibar really bottled it. Didn’t win any of their last 8 games (auwtch).
Granada, even with their wobbly form, seems to be favourite with 2 games left versus teams that have nothing to play for and for the second spot it will probably be a direct final between Las Palmas and Alaves.
Hoping on a Las Palmas win for many reasons.
Eibar is too small for the highest level so I’m backing Levante as the 3th team to go up.

Messi983

Last round of Segunda starts in 5 minutes (well, the important games, some were already played).

UDLP vs Alaves will play for a direct promotion and Granada needs a point against Leganes to also confirm promotion.

Home of Barca Fans