LaLiga 2 (La Liga Smartbank)

Messi983

Their playoff curse is finally over. They've failed in previous 5 attempts. And interestingly, they've always played second leg at home in these occasions.

Slevinn

Crazy how much bad luck they?ve had in the past and how much luck they had this season and in the PO. :lol:
Very entertaining so I?m not complaining.

Hope they give Real hell like they did last time they came up. :p

gregorrin10

Congrats to Girona, well done. Very nice to see a true fellow Catalan club back in the league. Hopefully we really make use of this send some players on loan to them.

Balde being the prime candidate. Nico as well. I'd honestly send Marmol there too and just spring him out of the B team early...no use in him wasting another season playing 3rd tier, if we really want to see if he has what it takes.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Congrats to Girona, well done. Very nice to see a true fellow Catalan club back in the league. Hopefully we really make use of this send some players on loan to them.

Balde being the prime candidate. Nico as well. I'd honestly send Marmol there too and just spring him out of the B team early...no use in him wasting another season playing 3rd tier, if we really want to see if he has what it takes.

They mostly took loans from City, since they are part of CFG. But yeah, it is great to see another Catalan club back in the league.

Messi983

They mostly took loans from City, since they are part of CFG. But yeah, it is great to see another Catalan club back in the league.

Not really all that much. Of three City players on loan only Nahuel Bustos has played some serious minutes but wasn't a clear starter either (only starting 15 games), other two (Pablo Moreno, Dario Sarmiento) have played less than 400 minutes.

Loanees from clubs like Villarreal (Alex Baena) and Espanyol (Pol Lozano) have played more minutes than City loanees combined.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Sat there in pub in the west of the island sipping my beer while stadium in Santa Cruz is filled to brim is annoying

Pity Girona are back. Always played dross and somehow slipped close to promotion on back of Stuani being a Spanish Mitrovic

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sat there in pub in the west of the island sipping my beer while stadium in Santa Cruz is filled to brim is annoying

Pity Girona are back. Always played dross and somehow slipped close to promotion on back of Stuani being a Spanish Mitrovic

Oh cmon. You're just saying that because Girona are likely to play hard vs. you guys :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
Oh cmon. You're just saying that because Girona are likely to play hard vs. you guys :lol:

Catalonia is a state of mind

Not to mention any additional reason to have Pep back in stands to train/poach talent is for the worse of La Liga

Last edited:

Messi983

Almeria's first official new signing (after they've used buy options on Pozo and Babic who were there on loan last season) - 20 years old Portuguese midfielder Guilherme Borges Guedes also known as Gui, coming from Vitoria Guimaraes for around 3m and signing until 2028. Not sure if he'll play for them next year or go on loan but looks an interesting prospect and they've had some recent success signing from Portugal (their SD is Portuguese too). Clubs like Lille, Fulham and obviously Wolves were also interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40XY97kqQn8

They're apparently also close to sign another Portuguese Andre Franco (AMC, 24) who had a breakout season in a newly promoted Estoril (11 goals, 4 assists).

Home of Barca Fans