8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

serghei

Bernardo is actually pretty fast and physical especially for his build. The man did the job of two players yesterday when they went down to 10 men. The sooner he arrives here the better :lol:

Yeah, but I'd say his stamina is the most impressive aspect of him. Not his pace. And his ball control obviously but that's another topic.

But his apparent physicality comes from his mentality imo, he goes all in and is not scared to bump into stronger players, he is commited and fearless in this sense the way Pedri is not.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

He is too young though and confidence for high risk / reward passes can grow, since he has the natural instincts for it, but is still too shy. There is hope is what I am saying.

Ok

But in general, football fans give too much credit to young players in terms as = he is young, he will improve in EVERYTHING.
Like in Football manager games where a player (if given trust, a good coach and matches) = more or less always improves in all skills. A LOT.
But it doesn't work like that in RL.

Players aged 25 are usually already slower than themselves aged 19.
The only aspects where players usually grow are tactical aspects and maturity in decisions, reading of the game, positioning etc.

For example, let's take a look at some of our former young players who were also getting tons of credit and their defenders always replied: you are an idiot, give the kid a break, he is 19/21/22/whatever.

Arthur: :arthur: came here aged 22. Today he is 26 and a half. Has he improved at anything?
He is literally the same player as aged 20 or 21. In fact, we could say that he is even worse than that promising kid from Gremio.

Frenkie De Jong: :frenkie: came here aged 22. Today he is 25 and a half. Has he improved?
The same as Arthur, he is the same player. Probably even worse than that promising, happy kid from Ajax.

Dumbele: :dembele: came here aged 20. Today he is 25 and a half. Has he improved at anything?
He has better defending (he was a disaster when he came). And more or less, that's it. He is still hot and cold, low IQ, unreliable player. But our team got worse so now even this version of Dembele is our 2nd best player.
But, remember posts from 5 years ago: give him a break, he is 20, a kid will turn out good.
Well, he is 25 today, and nothing happened. He hasn't turned out good.

Halilovic: :halilovic: came here aged 18 nicknamed as a Croatian Messi. Today he is 26 and a half.
Give him a break, he is just a kid in a new country. He has tons of talent, he'll turn out just fine in the end.
8 years later and he changed 10 clubs and played for: Barca B, Barca, Sporting Gijon, HSV, Las Palmas, Milan, Standard Liege, Heerenveen, Birmingham, Reading. Today he plays for Rijeka at Croatia, who finished 4th in the last season and are currently 7th in this season. And 8 years ago people thought that he will be our starter. Since, he had talent. He just needed time and trust, they said.
Is he a better player than that 18-19 year old kid? No.
More or less the same player. Probably slower, worse, fatter and less enthusiastic.
He is still as equally as annoying and frustrating as 8 years ago (when 90% of fans adored him).
He turned into some sort of a CM who plays hero-balls at a midtable Croatian team:

Honorable mentions: Semedo, Alena, Puig, Oriol Busquets, Malcom, Andre Gomes, Denis etc.

When Valverde was here, a lot of fans whined at him because he didn't play our young gems: Dembele, Arthur, Malcom, Semedo.
EV is an idiot, they said.
I used to reply: if in 5 years ONE of those 4 will still play for us, that will be a huge success.
People usually replied: you are an idiot.
5 years forward, only Dumbele is here, all others are gone.

A few years later, people wanted us to sell Rakitic, Vidal and all older players so that our new gems named: Alena, Puig, Oriol Busquets could play.
Again, I said: if in 5 years, ONE of them will be here, that will be a success.
As always, they replied: you are an idiot, you don't know nothing about football.
3-4 years later, none of them is here, for a reason.

Now we have a new crop (of even worse players, it seems), in Pedri, Gavi, Torre, Nico.

Of course, there are players like Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago, who were gradually improving over years, Football-manager style.
But as seen on the examples above, probably 80% of young players don't improve too much after the age 20 or 21, they are already on their footballing peak.

Pedri is physically weak, there is no cure for that.
He is similar to Arthur in terms of shooting = he just don't wanna shoot.
And the 3rd problem is his low workrate in terms of offering himself without the ball and imposing himself during the match.
In Xavi's videos aged 18 or 19, he was asking for the ball all the time.
While Pedri is lazy and playing seek and hide since the age of 18. Imagine him aged 26 when he'll be even less enthusiastic and tired of 10 years of football 24/7.

So, as always = there is hope.
But the areas where Pedri is weak = are usually NOT the areas where players suddenly improve over time.
These traits seem like his "natural" skills.
As one man of wisdom said: "It is what it is" :valverde2:

Last edited:

JamDav1982

BBZ with the usual.

When Pedri breaks through and some like what see from a 17 yr old from Las Palmas he claims they are over rating Pedri and wont come to much.

Pedri then does very well in Barca first team, plays for Spain, is best midfielder at Euros at 18 and named Golden boy.

Goal posts get moved from BBZ to now he wouldnt start for every top team.

Next up it will be some argument about him not being as good as Xavi.

Usual moving of goal posts to make seem was right on a player.

Same BBZ who claimed Mingueza, Coutinho and Braithwaite were his favourite players a year or so ago and type want at club.

FDJ is nothiing like Arthur. What an absolutely moronic claim.

On Bernardo... he would absolutely suffer from Xavis tactitcs as well if not changed and he wont be better player for Barca over next few years than Pedri if arrives.

Sikva is not some breaker of defences in way a lot on here seem to think.

It is Xavi again thinking players are problem in not understanding his genius tactics.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Same BBZ who claimed Mingueza, Coutinho and Braithwaite were his favourite players a year or so ago and type want at club.

Why are you always mentioning crap like that?

You said several times that Ferran Torres will turn out good for us, when I wrote that he'll be shit even before his first match here.
That is 1000 times worse than whatever you mention about me :wub:

Pedri is a good player/leader for Europe league level.
6th place in La Liga.

JamDav1982

Why are you always mentioning crap like that?

You said several times that Ferran Torres will turn out good for us, when I wrote that he'll be shit even before his first match here.
That is 1000 times worse than whatever you mention about me :wub:

Pedri is a good player/leader for Europe league level.
6th place in La Liga.

Always mention you loving Mingueza, Coutinho and Braithwaite a year ago as you always bring up players you claim you were right on and others loved.

While you do usual and change goal posts constantly for likes of Pedri anyway. You were massively wrong on him is reality.

I did lik Torres and think he is better than showing while Xavi doesnt play in way suits him... what I havent done is argue for him when been poor as you do with likes of those.

You claiimed Torres is Braithwaite level. Not even close to that bad.

Pedri you change goal posts on as always and he is far better than the shite you loved in team a year or so ago.

Who should Barca try to sign to improve from Pedri?

When love Mingueza, Coutinho and Braithwaite is held up as better than Messi...that is about worst shout there has been on here and by a long way.

BBZ8800

When love Mingueza, Coutinho and Braithwaite is held up as better than Messi...that is about worst shout there has been on here and by a long way.

Bro, you are like an infinite loop, once when you start something like that.
I am not jumping into that loop with you :wub:

Who should Barca try to sign to improve from Pedri?

We should have signed Odegaard back when we picked fckng Halilovic over Odegaard.
For example.
But he is too tall and shoots too much for our DNA standards.
So, we picked other players.
I remember news back then, it said: we had an option to sign both of them, but didn't have enough money to risk on both, so we picked a Croatian Messi Halilovic :(
169cm and less than 60 kgs back then.
IQ level: who cares? We don't measure it here, it is all about a silky touch.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Bro, you are like an infinite loop, once when you start something like that.
I am not jumping into that loop with you :wub:

We should have signed Odegaard back when we picked fckng Halilovic over Odegaard.
For example.
But he is too tall and shoots too much for our DNA standards.
So, we picked other players.
I remember news back then, it said: we had an option to sign both of them, but didn't have enough money to risk on both, so we picked a Croatian Messi Halilovic :(
169cm and less than 60 kgs back then.
IQ level: who cares? We don't measure it here, it is all about a silky touch.

You are like the infinite loop when bring up same names as if you call things correctly/

Change goal posts on likes of Pedri who you were wrong on and try to make out as if now he cant walk into any top tem you are correct.

When in past loved Mingueza, Coutinho and claimed Braithwaite was more effective than Messi... that is about worst shouts will ever get on here from someoen who loves to revisit past opinions on players so much as some kind of proof were correct.

Barca never 'picked Halilovic over Odegaard' stop spouting nonsense and trying to be some general after the war.

You think Odegaard will be held up as better player than Pedri in next few years or even is just now?

serghei

BBZ will give Halilovic as an example even in 2030. :lol:

Cut him from your comparison lists, he was a very minor talking point around here.

tacticvarium

Whenever short Spaniards perform well, somebody gets extra mad.
Whenever Barca wins, somebody always finds a different excuse to criticize the team.
Typical!

Home of Barca Fans