8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

pregra

His pace (the little he had of it) is actually regressing already. Classic Barca. Happens over and over and over

Joan

Coaching stuff must have more reliable info, but eyes test tells he's slower. Don't think myself it's good for a youngster to play so much.

Rory

He was ran into the ground halfway through the season and continued to start every game. Can't blame him for looking a lot worse.

cro-man

A long way to go for him. He is still a schoolboy and plays like one. Against small teams its enough but against bigger teams its not enough.

BusiTheKing

Well, he gifted them three or four promising attacks and he created less than Casemiro. But did you see that moment where he sort of looked like Iniesta? Magic.

For those saying he is tired 😂😂 the guy is 18 and shouldn?t be tired since last match is a week ago

+ his style of play is shit and too slow ... I can?t depend on him at all unless we have MSN at their best 😂

Richard.H

Seemed tired and/or nervous to me. Still amazing that he's such a regular for club and country at age 18. His potential is very high. Just hoping he stays fit.

Bobo32

For those saying he is tired ���� the guy is 18 and shouldn?t be tired since last match is a week ago

+ his style of play is shit and too slow ... I can?t depend on him at all unless we have MSN at their best ��

Maybe what we're seeing is the accumulated tiredness that there is so much talk about.
I don't remember him looking quite so slow and clumsy a couple of months ago. As you say, the acute tiredness shouldn't be a problem.
Of course Koeman loves this player and trusts him blindly, but this kind of physical stuff should be monitored very well by the club, right?
It was embarrassing watching him in some actions today frankly.

Porque

He had a bad game no doubt. It happens. Let the kid have a bad game. I mean, Dembele and Messi were worse which says alot. And I almost forgot Dest even played.

The bigger problem to me, was that his substitution took too long to happen.

Laplacian

I'm never going to criticize Pedri. It's insane to expect a player that just turned 18 a few months ago to consistently play at the highest level against the toughest teams in the toughest tournaments in the world.

Ideally Pedri would be behind a more experienced no. 8 and rotate with him, not starting nearly every game in his debut season.

Home of Barca Fans