8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

serghei

I agree with some things in this post but:

*Puigs weak physique is too peripheral of a thing to talk about
*Puig is a bit erratic now, but wouldn't we think that could change if he got 3/4/5 games in a row from the start?
*Pep spoke about Foden in an interview with Ferdinand recently. I think this would be spot on regarding Pedri as well. Apart from being slow (more so now after being played too much) and hesitant to shoot, he plays too much of his own game for me, roaming around and making decisions on the fly, sort of like Messi, even though he's nowhere near that level.

Yea, I agree with this. Puig's "erraticness" would recede with more game time probably. I've read the Pep interview, Foden also has that precipitated, agitated style, but it's not as much of a problem for him because he plays more advanced, he is more AM.

Puig is more hurt by this youth-related flaw, because he plays in a position where it is needed to show calm and composure.

Yea, Puig can do with his smaller frame, but it would help if he was a little more strongly built. At least like an Iniesta. He's even smaller and more fragile. But only this wouldn't deter me to trust him and play him. He has one thing that saves him in this area: he's agile and quick, and has great stamina. Rarely see him very tired and usually, he runs a lot and covers a lot of ground.

I think both Pedri and Puig are players Pep would like. He would improve both a lot. But Koeman is doing well too (less so for Puig).

Last edited:

vegitot

❗It looks certain that Luis Enrique will call up Pedri to represent the Spanish national team for the first time in his career due to his meteoric rise. In addition, Jordi Alba could also make his return.

? Squad announcement on 15th March.
#FCB #ESP 🇪🇸

Via (🟡): @diarioas https://t.co/zRAn0ZrJNe

Andresito

Staff member
❗It looks certain that Luis Enrique will call up Pedri to represent the Spanish national team for the first time in his career due to his meteoric rise. In addition, Jordi Alba could also make his return.

? Squad announcement on 15th March.
#FCB #ESP ����

Via (��): @diarioas https://t.co/zRAn0ZrJNe

Inevitable for Pedri. Well deserved.

Bad for Alba. Jordi needs the rest, besides he usually plays better with the anger and motivation of not being called up.

Home of Barca Fans