8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

Blanco

Barca first captain in 2024? He will be only 22 then, that?s impressive . I am looking at your squad and its pretty possible. Ter Stegen is the other option but i think the club won?t give the armbrand to (german) goalkeeper instead of spanish midfielder?s , who is going to be the face of Barca. Araujo is possibly the best option, but he doesnt have a chance.

Messi983

If Ansu stays fit he probably has the best odds of all youngsters to become captain one day. They already gave him Messi's number after all.

If Catalan golden boys are gone by 2024 then captain will be MATS if still here. He's at the club since 2014 and no other player (that would still be here in 2024) would become part of the first team before 2020 assuming likes of Umtiti, Lenglet and Neto will all leave this summer and FDJ will also be sold.

And we all know longevity is the most important criteria when choosing captains here.

Iniesta Ultra

What is this question? Only me questioned that Pedri had a lot of muscle, the rest stood here in awe for the great double bicep (with double hands behind bicep) shown by Pedri. But I never claimed Pedri being so twinky affected his football very much, I stated the opposite multiple times. But I got a bit sick by his biceps obsession.

Of course muscle tone is close to negligible for football players.

Didn't mean to direct at you. Just general posts in recent threads over this stuff gets old.

TheStig

If Ansu stays fit he probably has the best odds of all youngsters to become captain one day. They already gave him Messi's number after all.

If Catalan golden boys are gone by 2024 then captain will be MATS if still here. He's at the club since 2014 and no other player (that would still be here in 2024) would become part of the first team before 2020 assuming likes of Umtiti, Lenglet and Neto will all leave this summer and FDJ will also be sold.

And we all know longevity is the most important criteria when choosing captains here.

True but it's stupid to pick your captain just on longevity, it's should be all about leadership. The only one with captain material in this squad is Araujo.

malvolio

True but it's stupid to pick your captain just on longevity, it's should be all about leadership. The only one with captain material in this squad is Araujo.

Why? He has the same personality traits as Gavi. Fighting spirit, determination and sacrifice. But they also have moments of stupidity on the pitch.

Being big ain't no leadership trait.

TheStig

Why? He has the same personality traits as Gavi. Fighting spirit, determination and sacrifice. But they also have moments of stupidity on the pitch.

Being big ain't no leadership trait.

You answered yourself perfectly. Yes, Gavi could also be a candidate in the future.

Andresito

Staff member
Gavi is more of a brute. Same way I wouldn't want Vidal as captain.

Araujo and Pedri are good candidates.

Andresito

Staff member
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A new era begins. Pedri 8️⃣. <a href="https://t.co/omb0yqDiUi">pic.twitter.com/omb0yqDiUi</a></p>— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) <a href="https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1545301904342794240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 8, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Home of Barca Fans