User Tag List

Page 212 of 213 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213 LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3191

Thread: 16 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is just clubs banking on players not challenging the buyout clauses in court. They are illegal but since no one complains they will be ok.
    I actually think that buyout clauses will sooner or later be obligatory in all football world. Player association has already negotiated it with FIFA, I think it will be reality in couple of decades

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    Muniain having no release clause must be a bureaucratic workaround which is why clubs would rather set an unrealistic release clause rather than doing what Athletic has done.

“This was a way to show my loyalty to the club” was Muniain's words when he signed that contract.
    Why is that worth more than what Pedri is doing with the 1bn release clause? No club is going to pay that, Pedri is about as 'stuck' at his club as Muniain is.
    Because it shows that club trust a player won't leave even if he gets a much better offer and on the other side player also knows club won't sell him against his will. It's a harder commitment from my standpoint than setting a high clause.

Quote Originally Posted by fergus90 View Post
    For me they're necessary. There's no excuse for a footballer to walk around unshowered with the salaries they're on. At worst use the facilities in the changing room.
    Clubs can always demand unrealistic high prices for players they don't want to sell. It works so in other leagues with no obligatory clauses. If a club can afford to reject 20m, 50m or 100m offers for their best players then so be it. If they have to sell then they will often sell even below player's BO clause anyway.

The only thing obligatory BO clause in La Liga has done recently is clubs losing their important players for a price they would probably never agree to sell them. Not even talking about Neymar here. Clubs like Betis, Celta, Valencia, Villarreal and even Sevilla have all lost their starters clubs for something like 15-20m when they would surely prefer to either keep them or sell them for more. And all this affected overall quality and competitivness of La Liga as well. Why Betis shouldn't be allowed to squeeze out 40-50m from a rich EPL club for Fabian Ruiz instead of Napoli paying his 30m clause? OTOH mid/low table La Liga clubs were buying best Segunda players/talents for just 1-2m instead of those smaller clubs potentially earning more selling them abroad (since clubs like Eibar or Levante would have problems paying 5-10m but most EPL clubs wouldn't have problems paying that for a solid 2nd division prospect). Would they do that? We don't know but at least smaller clubs would have better options to get more money.

Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    I think it is just clubs banking on players not challenging the buyout clauses in court. They are illegal but since no one complains they will be ok.
    I actually think that buyout clauses will sooner or later be obligatory in all football world. Player association has already negotiated it with FIFA, I think it will be reality in couple of decades
    How are they illegal?
    Last edited by Messi983; 14th October 2021 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Messi983;2399672]What's really absurd is La Liga is the only top league (from what I know) where release clauses are obligatory which put their clubs in bad situation

Should the player negotiate a realistic release clause?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Signed until 2026.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 billions. His former coach once said he is a millions footballer but Pedri himself never know.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully more signings to come. Fati, Gavi etc.

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any reports on salary?
    Some are boring, some are not.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gato View Post
    Any reports on salary?
    Pretty low relative to the high earners.

Apparently has a salary that will grow each season. Would guess he'd be top 5 best paid when his contract ends.

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guessing around 5-6 rising to 8-9 by time he's 25 then
    Some are boring, some are not.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pedri and Gavi amongst 20 finalists for 2021 Golden Boy award. Sign Gravenberch and Adeyemi/Pino and we're set for a decade of dominance.

Karim Adeyemi
    Jude Bellingham
    Eduardo Camavinga
    Charles De Ketelaere
    Gavi
    Bryan Gil
    Ryan Gravenberch
    Mason Greenwood
    Daniel Maldini
    Jamal Musiala
    Nuno Mendes
    Pedri
    Roberto Piccoli
    Y?remi Pino
    Gio Reyna
    Rodrygo
    Bukayo Saka
    William Saliba
    Jurri?n Timber
    Florian Wirtz

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Pedri and Gavi amongst 20 finalists for 2021 Golden Boy award. Sign Gravenberch and Adeyemi/Pino and we're set for a decade of dominance.
    Pedri wins it, 99.99%. Your prediction at the start of this thread is almost correct

Interesting that Gavi makes a top 20 shortlist while he isn't even on the last short list (top 30)

Also Maldini's son

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pedri: Messi should win Ballon Dor

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad for a master of hide and seek

Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    Not bad for a master of hide and seek
    How many young players played as much as him (more playing time equals more passes)?
    How many young players played so many minutes in a team which just keeps possession, dwells on a ball and does nothing?

How many young midfielders are on that list at all with even 80% of his minutes?