8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

JamDav1982

Hey, let's play him in eighty games a season. He can take it.

Now we pay for it.

Dummies

Not quite. Barca didnt play him 80 games.

It is after he got rest the injuries started anyway. But I am sure the mental gymnastics will stretch to make it all the clubs fault.

Barca also gave him time off at end of last season.. one where he didnt play as many minutes as likes of FDJ,

jamrock

Between club & country he played 72/73 games last season, which i think is a record, which include flying to Japan for the Olympics, everyone & there mother told Luis & koeman it's gonna catch up with him, but they Knew better...., Guess they didn't afterall, his body finally said screw it, I'll take this rest myself.

Guess the know it alls knew nothing in the end, typical.

JamDav1982

Between club & country he played 72/73 games last season, which i think is a record, which include flying to Japan for the Olympics, everyone & there mother told Luis & koeman it's gonna catch up with him, but they Knew better...., Guess they didn't afterall, his body finally said screw it, I'll take this rest myself.

Guess the know it alls knew nothing in the end, typical.

Barca cant do anything about him being called up by Spain in those tournaments and gave him rest towards end of season and start of this.

Know it alls claiming he was knackered yet Euros showed he wasnt and now guessing injured due to last season once got rest.

Look at all those platers in Barca squad fit as a fiddle as didnt play 70 games....not the case.

Injuries can often happen when players start and stop training.

mc_lovin

The Olympics were child abuse. But apparently he wanted it and it's pretty understandable to a certain degree. It's a once in a life time opportunity after all.

Not sure if the injuries were caused by fatigue, messed up rhythm or bad luck though. It's hard to point fingers or have an educated opinion.

FinBarcelonafan

The Olympics were child abuse. But apparently he wanted it and it's pretty understandable to a certain degree. It's a once in a life time opportunity after all.

Not sure if the injuries were caused by fatigue, messed up rhythm or bad luck though. It's hard to point fingers or have an educated opinion.

Of course it's not necessarily the game amount but chance of risk gets higher without proper rest. He didn't have rest at all basically.

Windhook

I'm with JamDav on this. The big amount of games can cause exhaustion and unfortunately in rare cases show heart problems. Big club players feature in around 45-55 games per season depending on manager's squad rotation. Injuries can happen any time during the season, important is how your recovery process is - do you rest and work with physios or you go out party all night with friends like in Dembele's case.

JamDav1982

Of course it's not necessarily the game amount but chance of risk gets higher without proper rest. He didn't have rest at all basically.

He did have rest.

Had something like 45 minutes football in month or so before Spains first Euros game and had at least two weeks full rest away from training.

Then had rest after Olympics.. only a week then had a further few weeks rest after that.

Between last season finishing and now he has had at least a month off. Much more if take injury time off into account.

The stop start of it may have contributed to injury and Olympics were bad timing but he was not run into ground last season and knackered. He was covering most ground at Euros as one of top players.

Andresito

Staff member
Fatigue accumulates. You can have a short rest and be able to give a top performance in a final or at a stretch a tournament. But playing 2 games every week for 10 months requires more than that.

The rest he got wasn't enough to be ready for our season even if it was enough to give his all during the Euros. Also have to take into account that last season was his first full season, this as an inexperienced teenager.

Bobo32

Fatigue accumulates. You can have a short rest and be able to give a top performance in a final or at a stretch a tournament. But playing 2 games every week for 10 months requires more than that.

The rest he got wasn't enough to be ready for our season even if it was enough to give his all during the Euros. Also have to take into account that last season was his first full season, this as an inexperienced teenager.

This is the thing
Whether it had a direct effect on this injury (it seems like it) this time or not, the mechanism is there and there were people worried beforehand. The club/coach will and should be blamed. Let's hope he isn't rushed back this time because it could be very bad for his carreer. After a muscle tear you are able to play again long before you should play again, and multiple injuries will lead to chronic dysfunction of the muscle.

clemente

So many health experts here, hope Laporta scouting this thread to snatch some talents to compliment the club's medical department.

Home of Barca Fans