8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

BusiTheKing

There is talent, and there is mindset and attitude. Pedri has the talent and time will tell if he has the right attitude. Messi is a great example of a player with abnormally great attitude, year over year he kept improving probably until late 20s when he stagnated

He did that at Pedris age true but since age 22 or so it's been more peaks and valleys story than steady increase, albeit with an exceptionally high standard.

Messi983

BTW, if he'll play he'll become the youngest ever player to play for Spain in Euro.

If he plays this Monday, he will do so with 18 years and 201 days, a mark with which he will lower by almost a year the record that until now was held by Miguel Tendillo, who on June 12 of the already distant 1980 participated with 19 years and 132 days in the 0-0 between Italy and Spain with which the Red debuted in the European Championship played precisely in the aforementioned transalpine country.

Porque

Marca are going with this lineup

Unai Sim?n, Marcos Llorente, Eric Garc?a, Laporte, Jordi Alba; Koke, Rodri, Thiago; Ferr?n, Morata y Gerard Moreno

Looks like LE has gone back to 2008 and is trying to win Segunda B.

Andresito

Staff member

Unai Sim?n, Marcos Llorente, Eric Garc?a, Laporte, Jordi Alba; Koke, Rodri, Thiago; Ferr?n, Morata y Gerard Moreno

Lucho doing us a favour by playing our future CB pairing together before joining.

But in all honesty I doubt that's the lineup Lucho will be going for. I'm hoping for Eric and Pedri though.

Bobo32

Looks like a good and pretty obvious lineup to me, what are the players missing?
Pau and Pedri, but I think Koke and Garcia are good as well... Olmo?

Porque

Unai Simon, Marcos Llorente, Pau Laporte, Jordi Alba; Pedri, Rodri, Thiago; Ferran, Olmo y Gerard Moreno ?

To be honest, it is more a comment on the individual name talent of the Spain 11 rather than who LE missed out on.

I would like to see the above, but then it is just splitting hairs really.

Koke is one of those guys who no matter how good he has been for Atletico, it has never transcended to the national team. I think Pedri has been the best out of the trio of Koke, Fabien, Pedri in recent internationals.

Olmo brings a bit more unpredictability and ingenuity to the attack.

Pau is on form and has pace which Laporte and Garcia lack.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Alright! Thought I had missed something...
I guess the front three is a bit about preferred style against the opposition, too. Even though Morata is criticized by fans he's in the squad and LE would see both +/- with him compared to Olmo.
Nice to see Moreno and Garcia if the lineup is correct. Thiago too, don't know how solid his starting status is (should be 100% of course)
I think both Pedri and Olmo will get minutes, and as the previous swedish NT coach said - it's not so much about who starts but who ends the games...

edit: Pau is maybe better I don't know but all three are good I think. Meanwhile, Sweden will start with Danielsson, with this carreer:
https://fbref.com/en/players/aae48df1/all_comps/Marcus-Danielsson-Stats---All-Competitions

Last edited:

serghei

Pretty mediocre team that.

ebc_99

That is a really good team, how the hell is it mediocre? There will not be many national teams who can put out a better 11 than that.

Home of Barca Fans