8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

SmilerBam

Him playing 50 games this season is exactly the reason of our failure. How far have we fallen? From Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Rakitic to this fraud playing 50+ games. Absolutely ashtonishing. He should only be used as a sub and a proper attacking midfielder needs to be brought in. He is the kind of player who will have zero impact in a midtable team. Lets accept it our team is shit with bunch of average bloaks except for Messi, De jong and Busquets
who are carrying the team. Without them we don't even finish top 4.

Exactly. I really don't know what people see in this Pedri guy. A decent technique, maybe,but that's it. He is slow as a turtle, no incisiveness, phsysique of a 12 years old. He can't even run properly. The ''new'' Iniesta. LOL!

wisconsincule

It’s quite mental he has played 50 games already. Talk about running a guy straight into the ground in his first season.

There is absolutely no reason he needed to start and play every match. Only recently he has been subbed.

The overall opinion is that Puig sucks but I’m sure he could have been serviceable to give Pedri a rest every once and a while.

behindbrowneyes

I cannot understand the "criticism" of Pedri at all here. What do you expect from pedri? Pedri plays good between the lines, Pedri conquers a lot of balls in gegenpressing, Pedri is a good player for combination football and 1-2s. If you play so cautiously and completely forego gegenpressing, then you deprive Pedri of his strengths. What do you expect from him in such a tactical setting? That he wins headers against physical Atleti midfielders? That he runs 40 meters out of his own half with the ball on his foot? If you let play like Koeman/Schreuder on Saturday, then Pedri has no added value. This is not a criticism of Pedri, but of the coaching staff.

I really was a supporter of Koeman, even when things didn't go our way and Barca lost many games. The game on Saturday was again a big disappointment in a big game when it comes to the tactical approach though. It is not a shame to draw against Atleti, but it is a shame when you don't play like Barca in your own stadium, especially when you already know that you have to win.

Kuchi

This kid couldnt shoot to save his life..hell..16 kids from junior teams have better shooting tehnique and power.

kattanib

I cannot understand the "criticism" of Pedri at all here. What do you expect from pedri? Pedri plays good between the lines, Pedri conquers a lot of balls in gegenpressing, Pedri is a good player for combination football and 1-2s. If you play so cautiously and completely forego gegenpressing, then you deprive Pedri of his strengths. What do you expect from him in such a tactical setting? That he wins headers against physical Atleti midfielders? That he runs 40 meters out of his own half with the ball on his foot? If you let play like Koeman/Schreuder on Saturday, then Pedri has no added value. This is not a criticism of Pedri, but of the coaching staff.

I really was a supporter of Koeman, even when things didn't go our way and Barca lost many games. The game on Saturday was again a big disappointment in a big game when it comes to the tactical approach though. It is not a shame to draw against Atleti, but it is a shame when you don't play like Barca in your own stadium, especially when you already know that you have to win.

Pedri is the best thing that has happened to Barca after buying De Jong. The guy along with Foden are the future of CAM

kattanib

Pedri and CAM should not be in the same sentence. Foden is miles ahead.

Do you recall young Iniesta? He was shit in the final end and inconsistent but had moments of magic almost every game .. Rijkaard kept playing him until he matured improved and became more consistent. Pedri is 18 ffs

BusiTheKing

It's pretty simple. Football matches are won in short bursts of action, of sudden charges against the grain. This guy is incapable of participating in any such actions.

Home of Barca Fans