User Tag List

Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205
Results 3,061 to 3,064 of 3064

Thread: 16 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Koemans entrance we have seen a lot of this infamous U-passing, especially when they play 5 at the back.
    Pedri and de Jong both have a tendency to get deep to get the ball with their back against the goal, with no connection to each other or to the attackers. Xavi, Iniesta, Puig, Gavi does this less, and makes the team able to play through the middle in a controlled but unpredictable way. Koeman so often gets a predictable but uncontrolled style, and Messi and some others made it work last year but I doubt Depay will do it well enough.
    Deep is the hatred that burns in base hearts in the presence of beauty

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Koeman is an old school manager, he picks a formation and that's it. No work on the details. The new generation of coaches is much more meticulous by the looks of it. That's my hope for Xavi as well, who seems a bit neurotic in a positive sense :P

Frenkie at Ajax for example was an absolutely brilliant possession midfielder. His games vs Juventus were fantastic. Now he's "just" a box to box player (also very good at it, but not close to his impact for Ajax). With a better coach we hopefully get there.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    Koeman is an old school manager, he picks a formation and that's it. No work on the details. The new generation of coaches is much more meticulous by the looks of it. That's my hope for Xavi as well, who seems a bit neurotic in a positive sense :P

Frenkie at Ajax for example was an absolutely brilliant possession midfielder. His games vs Juventus were fantastic. Now he's "just" a box to box player (also very good at it, but not close to his impact for Ajax). With a better coach we hopefully get there.
    Yeah this is what it looks like, his substitutions and his comments after games give the same impression. I can't really believe it, but it really looks like a very simple but true comment on Koeman.

I love some of Frenkies characteristics, and I really fell for him that CL spring too, but I think it could be seen that he wasn't this possession midfielder back then, either.
    He is very calm on the ball and can combine now and then in Barcelona too, but against a well organized team where he can't use his technique+physique to 'brute-force' himself through, I think he lacks the attention to detail that Koeman maybe also does - I think Frenkie is often a bit lazy in his positioning and a bit too slow or lazy in his decisions too.
    Lasker said: when you see a good move - look for a better one, and this is something that Frenkie sometimes forgets I think, Pedri too! I think both can improve A LOT under good guidance though, maybe under perfect guidance they could even be a good midfield pair although I doubt it, but they could play for a great Barcelona no doubt.
    Deep is the hatred that burns in base hearts in the presence of beauty

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People here think that he has a magic stick and somehow he can transform this barca depth, without proper signingsand lot of injuries to play how we want barca to play. We are in dire need of pacey forward, one didnt come. We are left with a lot of youngsters, a lot of players that their playing style depends on forward three and fullbacks movement, which in this moment we dont have.
    For example, against bayern there was a lot of free space on both flanks, and a lot of balls were deployed to bob and alba. Tactically, we exploited that area very well, but roberto is not the fastest one, while alba had his moments but they still faced the same problem of having no one infront of them to deploy a fast transition.
    Pedri and de jong(he had many mistakes tho) were crushed by bayern team play but still they had some brilliant playes where they isolated 4 or 5 bayern players with one pass, but absolutely nothing happened because davies and bayern centre backs were all faster than ANYONE we had at disposal for that match.
    Ffs, de jong and pedri were left to battle it out against kimmich, goretzka who had davies, sane, muller, musiala and pavard all available for passing lanes because luuk is a turtle and not a threat in counter attack, busquets quality cant come to daylight without proper wingers, depay who got lost, alba who is more attacking oriented fullback and bob who is an excellent squad player if you have top tier wingers at disposal.

Everyone is concerned about negatives here, rare are the ones who are excited about positives.

With fati and dembele coming back to squad we would become a total different animal if god help us, both stay injury free.
    We still havent seen us playing with strongest lineup without messi, and with pedri and de jong in mf, with pacey wingers we would become a counter attacking havoc.

Im pretty sure we will compete for liga until the very last moment and be a total wild card in cl.