8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

Richard.H

Suarez will win La Liga as a key player.
Pedri won't.

You compared those two, I am just replying.

Suarez fits the Simeone Striker system to a tee. The other 9 players press like hell to make up for him staying up top and getting goal scoring chances. He would not be able to do that here.

Amazes me how many people wish for him back when it's clear that he was done for our system. He would be a major liability next to Messi

Laplacian

Suarez fits the Simeone Striker system to a tee. The other 9 players press like hell to make up for him staying up top and getting goal scoring chances. He would not be able to do that here.

Amazes me how many people wish for him back when it's clear that he was done for our system. He would be a major liability next to Messi

And why weren't we pressing like hell to make up for him and Messi? Because the squad's and coaches weren't good enough. We gave away a striker with quality still left in his game and kept the dross instead...

FinBarcelonafan

And why weren't we pressing like hell to make up for him and Messi? Because the squad's and coaches weren't good enough. We gave away a striker with quality still left in his game and kept the dross instead...

Because our squad is awfully designed. Zero sense.

Sign galactico name over smart signing

raedkuwait

Cause u can only press like hell if only one player is
Sleeping, cant be done if 2 players are sleeping.
U would be exposed like hell when u face good teams.
Modern football just cant have 1 player sleeping
And not pressing, let alone 2 players, so suarez or
Messi!?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

No team in the world can press as a unit with one player that runs as little as Messi let alone trying to claim team should be running for both him and Suarez.

Absolute joke to suggest that could happen.

serghei

Look who plays next to Suarez FFS, two workhorses in Correa and Carassco who run themselves into the ground every game. The Atletico system is more of a 4-5-1 in defense, with Corea and Carrasco working their socks off in transition as midfielders.

Simeone even gave up on Felix as starter specifically to cover for Suarez's poor defensive work with stronger players defensively.

jairzinho

Simeone deserves the title tbf. He stuck to his philosophy all these years, at least it pays off for once. Not attractive football by any means but still effective.

Laplacian

Simeone deserves the title tbf. He stuck to his philosophy all these years, at least it pays off for once. Not attractive football by any means but still effective.

only pays off when both RM and Barcelona end up with absolute meltdowns due to mismanagement. even then, he almost bottled it. even if he wins, my opinion of him as a manager has definitely lowered. a tier 2 manager at best.

Home of Barca Fans