8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

Bobo32

What's with this Xavi comparison? You're literally the only one comparing Pedri to Xavi. People say he's an intelligent player like him, and he absolutely is. I'm not talking about levels. Really not interested in comparing a player with less than 40 first-tier matches in his career with goat-level midfielders like Xavi or Iniesta.

I'll link you all a great article (possibly again, can't remember): Pedri: The Positionless Prodigy. Saves me time writing, but the article shows tons of examples of Pedri's exquisite movement, amazing positioning, and awareness. And gives hints why he's such an intelligent lad.

No, Gnidrologist said in the post just above mine that Pedri has Xavi/Iniesta type intelligence.
I was trying to analyze the difference between these players - Pedri is closer to Iniesta than Xavi, but not much alike any of them. And to just compare "football intelligence" or "knowhow" without comparing the style and habits of the player seems strange to me, especially since he chose players playing at the same position.

Anyway, he played unusally well in the beginning of the game yesterday, and he had a great end, sprinting out.
I think a young player can easily show another type of attitude with the wrong guidance, same goes for Puig, who seems so very keen on showing his happiness for the team... Say what you want about it being empty gestures from these players, I think Koeman has at least succeeded in something when you look at the way these two young players presented themselves to the cameras yesterday.

I might read that article later.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I am not sure why he is constantly around the opposition goal if he never intends to go for a goal. What is needed to stop him to pass and to shoot. He is not the only one who complicates more than needed but he is the worst player i have ever seen when it comes to show eagernerss to score a goal.

Watching him play its like watching someone playing football against friends. I like him dont get me wrong but if he doesnt stop this kind of behaviour bench him. We played a brilliant first half with many opportunities and we just scored one goal. Goals are needed and everyone on the field needs to use every chance to score when there is a chance. Even our defenders are doing more for a goal than him. I would even trust ter stegen more to go for a shoot than this kid.

How is it his fault? He created many chances that could be converted by other players. What you're saying is simply untrue.

kattanib

I am not sure why he is constantly around the opposition goal if he never intends to go for a goal. What is needed to stop him to pass and to shoot. He is not the only one who complicates more than needed but he is the worst player i have ever seen when it comes to show eagernerss to score a goal.

Watching him play its like watching someone playing football against friends. I like him dont get me wrong but if he doesnt stop this kind of behaviour bench him. We played a brilliant first half with many opportunities and we just scored one goal. Goals are needed and everyone on the field needs to use every chance to score when there is a chance. Even our defenders are doing more for a goal than him. I would even trust ter stegen more to go for a shoot than this kid.

The usual on this forum .. miss placed and unrealistic expectations. I expect and intern in my company to bring in new business

MagIX

Seeing more and more Iniesta like moves from him. Pedri is amazing on the ball and in counter pressing. So good in recovering the ball quickly.
But he needs to start finishing. I hope coaches will force him somehow.

I agree, fantastic player, immediately caught sight of something special about him

Only 18 and he's getting better and better

cro-man

How is it his fault? He created many chances that could be converted by other players. What you're saying is simply untrue.

I am not talking about his creating or overall performance. I am talking about him refusing to shoot when he is in a decent postion. He is too much involved up front to not take here and there a shoot. Look at de jong who shows constantly eagerness to score a goal. Its not like de jong is a scoring machine but he shows the right attitude and scored some important goals.

I am not even talking about this game but about every game. Pedri is not sitting constantly deep like busquets is. He is almost evertime present in the goal area of our opponent. He needs to shoot when there is a chance to. Dont tell me its too much to expect.

cro-man

The usual on this forum .. miss placed and unrealistic expectations. I expect and intern in my company to bring in new business

Missplaced and unrealistic expections:lol: So expect someone too shoot more often is to much to expect? Are you kidding?

Last edited:

Bobo32

Lol nice, it seems I am indeed becoming a Pedri defendant soon - Ilaix score a goal and people think he's ahead.

Pedri needs rest, and Ilaix can get some playing time, but Pedri is obviously the better player. Puig is superior to both.

Porque

Lol nice, it seems I am indeed becoming a Pedri defendant soon - Ilaix score a goal and people think he's ahead.

Pedri needs rest, and Ilaix can get some playing time, but Pedri is obviously the better player. Puig is superior to both.

We need to merge the three. Ilaix physique and shooting, Puig's overall game and Pedri's backheels. Best midfielder in the world.

Joan

Both Puig and Ilaix have a long way to go.

Which is fine for Ilaix. He's just starting his career.

Pedri is a crack.

serghei

Pedri, Ilaix, and Puig are all promising talents. Pedri is the more advanced in his development, but it's not clear yet who will develop the most. Many factors will influence this.

As long as Koeman is manager, Puig starts with the lowest chance of making it. If Xavi comes in, this could change drastically. It depends. Puig is young, needs to either go on a short loan or stay and continue to fight for his place. It's almost sure Xavi will manage us after Koeman. Stylewise, Xavi is a fit for Puig, Koeman is more direct, and is normal for him to like Ilaix's style more.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans