8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

jairzinho

He can't even finish open tap-in goals. This would cost us big time in a crucial game. Don't want such pussies anywhere near the club.

He is a typical la masia midfielder imo. Good with the ball, excellent movement and positioning, good iq, combines well, good with short passing and possession etc, BUT can't shoot, neither inside or outside the box, Especially from outside the box, can't head, physically weak, can't tackle too well etc. I will also add, apart from maybe Iniesta, i can't recall anyone good with long passing, e.g like a Xabi Alonso. It's always the short pass. It's the same with Busi, Puig etc.

That being said, he's just 18 and has a huge ceiling still so, he will only get better. We'll see.

serghei

He is a typical la masia midfielder imo. Good with the ball, excellent movement and positioning, good iq, combines well, good with short passing and possession etc, BUT can't shoot, neither inside or outside the box, Especially from outside the box, can't head, physically weak, can't tackle too well etc. I will also add, apart from maybe Iniesta, i can't recall anyone good with long passing, e.g like a Xabi Alonso. It's always the short pass. It's the same with Busi, Puig etc.

That being said, he's just 18 and has a huge ceiling still so, he will only get better. We'll see.

Pedri is good with any passes imo, long or short. But he needs to work on his shooting and he needs to stop being obsessed with Messi. If he works on his shooting and adds some goals, we're looking at a special player.

Also, there is a childish element to his game, meaning that some of his tricks are not necessary. He needs to slowly get rid of those embellishments.

Last edited:

malvolio

what are you on about? busquets and xavi had great passing range. sure xabi alonso preferred those hollywood balls, but otherwise he was limited when compared with those two.

true about the can't shoot to save his life, 'a trait' of la masia midfielders.

Joan

Wouldn't called him scared or a pussy. Probably just can't shoot.

He's already a fine player in my book, should only get better with proper coaching.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He can't even finish open tap-in goals. This would cost us big time in a crucial game. Don't want such pussies anywhere near the club.

Pedri, pussy? Come on. An uber hard working 18-year-old player who doesn't shoot often and whose finishing is poor is a pussy?

If Pedri is a pussy, name me one player right now we have who is not a pussy.

xXKonan

Pedri is the last guy I would consider calling a Pussy.

That title goes to Griezmann or this Variant of Griezmann anyway.

FinBarcelonafan

Pedri, pussy? Come on. An uber hard working 18-year-old player who doesn't shoot often and whose finishing is poor is a pussy?

If Pedri is a pussy, name me one player right now we have who is not a pussy.

It was obvious troll. Pedri jumped to post to save a goal earlier. Obviously not a pussy.

Gnidrologist

For good shooting imo there has to be instinct to want to shoot. Players like Pedri or Iniestas first instinct is always to search for partners in better positions, often even creating these positions for partners with their own movement. That's why their shots are mostly afterthought or forced necessity. These kind of players should be combined with aggressive forwards, whose first instinct is to be ready for created opprtunities and shoot. It's not like there's that much good scorer mids, who are also good at what Pedri does.

vegitot

For good shooting imo there has to be instinct to want to shoot. Players like Pedri or Iniestas first instinct is always to search for partners in better positions, often even creating these positions for partners with their own movement. That's why their shots are mostly afterthought or forced necessity. These kind of players should be combined with aggressive forwards, whose first instinct is to be ready for created opprtunities and shoot. It's not like there's that much good scorer mids, who are also good at what Pedri does.

De Bruyne...

Still he is only 18. He will be better with time. But he should attempt to shot more when he has space. You can not call yourself an attacking midfielder without shooting ability.

Gnidrologist

De Bruynes skill set is quite unique for current year, which is why he's so highly rated. Not many great shooters among current top mids.

Andresito

Staff member
De Bruynes skill set is quite unique for current year, which is why he's so highly rated. Not many great shooters among current top mids.

KDB is a monster because he's a 10 who's adapted to a time where his usual position generally doesn't exist anymore.

An offensive player who has learned how to be disciplined and hard working is a deadly player.

Home of Barca Fans