8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

EdmondDantes

Call me crazy but, the more I see of him, the more I think he will stop us from signing Olmo, straight up leapfrog Puig and Alena, make us clear the midfield in the summer so he can have a spot in the squad as soon as next season.

Basically: bye Rakitic in January, bye Vidal in the summer. Pedri and Ruiz in.

They weren't fucking around when they pointed him as an extraordinary talent. He might even be a bigger talent than Fati, and that's fucking insane.

And the board/coaching staff have already shown that age is no issue if the talent is there.

Riordon

The more I see of him, the more think he will stop us from signing Olmo, straight up leapfrog Puig and Alena, make us clear the midfield in the summer so he can have a spot in the squad as soon as next season.

They weren't fucking around when they pointed him as an extraordinary talent. He might even be a bigger talent than Fati, and that's fucking insane.

Too early IMO. Should get regular playing time this season and next one aswell. But yeah, I wanted Olmo aswell, not sure anymore.

Great by the club they moved so early

EdmondDantes

Too early IMO. Should get regular playing time this season and next one aswell. But yeah, I wanted Olmo aswell, not sure anymore.

Great by the club they moved so early

You're probably right but I'm an absolute sucker for these mercurial talents though. Pedri is a bona fide one at that.

xXKonan

He seems truly special.

Fair play to whoever was the individual in the club who pushed to sign him. Because we may have struck gold with this one.

xXKonan

If Pedri keeps doing this amazing stuff I don't think we even need to sign the likes of Dani Olmo.

Pedri appears to be two-footed as well.

khaled_a_d

Damn,wanted to watch the game but links was really bad. Amazing stuff.

If Pedri keeps doing this amazing stuff I don't think we even need to sign the likes of Dani Olmo.

Pedri appears to be two-footed as well.

Was thinking about midfield situation.
Pedri has the potential, but he is LM for now. He lost 17 balls in same game so I think he still has long way to go to be a midfielder.Never mind he is still too young.
Puig, I still think he needs to go on loan and play among men first
Ilaix is even younger than Pedri.
But those has potential, on the other hand, club can't wait for them. We need our 3rd starting midfielder by next summer.
I think those kids might give us the option of not caring about the age of next midfielder, if there is someone who can fill the gap who is on late 20's it isn't an issue.

Riordon

Pedri has the potential, but he is LM for now. He lost 17 balls in same game so I think he still has long way to go to be a midfielder.Never mind he is still too young.
But those has potential, on the other hand, club can't wait for them. We need our 3rd starting midfielder by next summer.
I think those kids might give us the option of not caring about the age of next midfielder, if there is someone who can fill the gap who is on late 20's it isn't an issue.

With Vidal, Rakitic, Alena and maybe Busquest (?) set to leave we definitely need a midfielder who will have an impact right away next summer. With Pedri, I just don't think it should be Olmo.

Due to the versatility of De Jong it can either be a DM and play Frankie-Arthur infront, or an advanced midfielder with Frenkie as DM.
Both formations could turn out great, the important thing is the midfielder coming is class.

Last edited:

Messi983

Maybe get Eriksen for free? He'll be 28 next year and could give us a few good seasons before youngsters are ready. I don't think we are seriously considering him though.

Pedri looks like a special talent but he still needs more experience and regular playing time. If Las Palmas is promoted to La Liga then him staying there on loan for another season should be a no-brainer imo. If they'll stay in Segunda then we should look for a club in La Liga to loan him.

Puig: If it would be up to me he would already be loaned out to a La Liga team this season but next season he should get regular minutes in La Liga/other top level league.

Olmo: I think Barça sees him as a versatile player who could play on the wings or in midfield but at the same time I don't believe he is our priority. Right now I'd say our first midfield target next summer will be Fabian followed by Van de Beek. Olmo is cheaper than them so we could still eventually get him if we'll spend more money on other positions/players (Neymar :banghead:, CB). I like Olmo but don't know if he has quality to be a starter here so I would rather sign Fabian and a cheaper winger like Chukwueze (if we sell Dembele which will probably happen if he won't stay healthy for most of the season) or LW (I'm not sure if we should really bring a young LW with Fati around though so maybe get a more experienced winger to share minutes with Fati and get some pressure off him?) than spend 200M on Neymar and then "settle" on Olmo as a midfielder.

Porque

Keeps getting better every game. Looks like he is getting more involved in the play and a lot of what happens in the Las Palmas midfield to attack is going through him. A bit like Odegaard in style against Depor.

I'm more in favour of Pepe Mel developing his in game confidence and attacking output rather than fleshing out his defensive game.

Only concern is that he looks physically fine for Segunda, but it is a long season there with 42 league games + potential playoffs (I don't see Las Palmas reaching the top 2). Hopefully it doesn't burn him out being such a key player for Las Palmas already.

They will definitely miss him during the U17 WC.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The perfect thing for Barca and Pedri himself would be Las Palmas getting promoted next season. He can then stay another season there.

Porque

The perfect thing for Barca and Pedri himself would be Las Palmas getting promoted next season. He can then stay another season there.

Yeah, we do not need to be in a rush to bring him back.

All going well, his spot is the most advanced of the three midfielders. Have someone from the 23-27 range fill that it (Fabian, Eriksen) while Pedri has a full season of Segunda and two years of LaLiga as starter.

Home of Barca Fans