8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

mc_lovin

Koeman is an old school manager, he picks a formation and that's it. No work on the details. The new generation of coaches is much more meticulous by the looks of it. That's my hope for Xavi as well, who seems a bit neurotic in a positive sense :p

Frenkie at Ajax for example was an absolutely brilliant possession midfielder. His games vs Juventus were fantastic. Now he's "just" a box to box player (also very good at it, but not close to his impact for Ajax). With a better coach we hopefully get there.

Bobo32

Koeman is an old school manager, he picks a formation and that's it. No work on the details. The new generation of coaches is much more meticulous by the looks of it. That's my hope for Xavi as well, who seems a bit neurotic in a positive sense :p

Frenkie at Ajax for example was an absolutely brilliant possession midfielder. His games vs Juventus were fantastic. Now he's "just" a box to box player (also very good at it, but not close to his impact for Ajax). With a better coach we hopefully get there.
Yeah this is what it looks like, his substitutions and his comments after games give the same impression. I can't really believe it, but it really looks like a very simple but true comment on Koeman.

I love some of Frenkies characteristics, and I really fell for him that CL spring too, but I think it could be seen that he wasn't this possession midfielder back then, either.
He is very calm on the ball and can combine now and then in Barcelona too, but against a well organized team where he can't use his technique+physique to 'brute-force' himself through, I think he lacks the attention to detail that Koeman maybe also does - I think Frenkie is often a bit lazy in his positioning and a bit too slow or lazy in his decisions too.
Lasker said: when you see a good move - look for a better one, and this is something that Frenkie sometimes forgets I think, Pedri too! I think both can improve A LOT under good guidance though, maybe under perfect guidance they could even be a good midfield pair although I doubt it, but they could play for a great Barcelona no doubt.

Kul_z

People here think that he has a magic stick and somehow he can transform this barca depth, without proper signingsand lot of injuries to play how we want barca to play. We are in dire need of pacey forward, one didnt come. We are left with a lot of youngsters, a lot of players that their playing style depends on forward three and fullbacks movement, which in this moment we dont have.
For example, against bayern there was a lot of free space on both flanks, and a lot of balls were deployed to bob and alba. Tactically, we exploited that area very well, but roberto is not the fastest one, while alba had his moments but they still faced the same problem of having no one infront of them to deploy a fast transition.
Pedri and de jong(he had many mistakes tho) were crushed by bayern team play but still they had some brilliant playes where they isolated 4 or 5 bayern players with one pass, but absolutely nothing happened because davies and bayern centre backs were all faster than ANYONE we had at disposal for that match.
Ffs, de jong and pedri were left to battle it out against kimmich, goretzka who had davies, sane, muller, musiala and pavard all available for passing lanes because luuk is a turtle and not a threat in counter attack, busquets quality cant come to daylight without proper wingers, depay who got lost, alba who is more attacking oriented fullback and bob who is an excellent squad player if you have top tier wingers at disposal.

Everyone is concerned about negatives here, rare are the ones who are excited about positives.

With fati and dembele coming back to squad we would become a total different animal if god help us, both stay injury free.
We still havent seen us playing with strongest lineup without messi, and with pedri and de jong in mf, with pacey wingers we would become a counter attacking havoc.

Im pretty sure we will compete for liga until the very last moment and be a total wild card in cl.

JohnN

People here think that he has a magic stick and somehow he can transform this barca depth, without proper signingsand lot of injuries to play how we want barca to play. We are in dire need of pacey forward, one didnt come. We are left with a lot of youngsters, a lot of players that their playing style depends on forward three and fullbacks movement, which in this moment we dont have.
For example, against bayern there was a lot of free space on both flanks, and a lot of balls were deployed to bob and alba. Tactically, we exploited that area very well, but roberto is not the fastest one, while alba had his moments but they still faced the same problem of having no one infront of them to deploy a fast transition.
Pedri and de jong(he had many mistakes tho) were crushed by bayern team play but still they had some brilliant playes where they isolated 4 or 5 bayern players with one pass, but absolutely nothing happened because davies and bayern centre backs were all faster than ANYONE we had at disposal for that match.
Ffs, de jong and pedri were left to battle it out against kimmich, goretzka who had davies, sane, muller, musiala and pavard all available for passing lanes because luuk is a turtle and not a threat in counter attack, busquets quality cant come to daylight without proper wingers, depay who got lost, alba who is more attacking oriented fullback and bob who is an excellent squad player if you have top tier wingers at disposal.

Everyone is concerned about negatives here, rare are the ones who are excited about positives.

With fati and dembele coming back to squad we would become a total different animal if god help us, both stay injury free.
We still havent seen us playing with strongest lineup without messi, and with pedri and de jong in mf, with pacey wingers we would become a counter attacking havoc.

Im pretty sure we will compete for liga until the very last moment and be a total wild card in cl.

I find it great you gave this much positivity. I wish I had the same but I don't see this squad as any better than what they showed vs Bayern.
Dembele is a wild card on his own and fati may be a different player than we remember.
The fdj / Pedri pairing doesn't work, at least as it is being utilized currently.
You would expect they would play closer to each other to exchange some passes and dictate the tempo, but they drift as far away as possible.
Coutinho could prove helpful though if he finds the right role.

Bobo32

I am very positive towards the squad and what I saw from the youth system, but very negative towards the direction Rosell/Bartomeu took the club and very sceptical that Koeman could use this or any squad very well.

Zidane82

🚨 [@ferrancorreas🥇] | Sergi Roberto, who provided 2 goals and 1 assist as an interior, hopes to replace Pedri in that midfield spot, to redeem himself to the fans against Granada.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
�� [@ferrancorreas��] | Sergi Roberto, who provided 2 goals and 1 assist as an interior, hopes to replace Pedri in that midfield spot, to redeem himself to the fans against Granada.

Home game vs Granada is right about Roberto's level to start at CM. I can see him playing well, bagging a goal and starting to think he is the hot shit again. Cue in crying/whining to the press in 2 weeks when he has a stinker against a stronger team as usual and faces criticism. Should stick to the bench.

Home of Barca Fans