8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Good game from Pedri, I thought he was much more daring at driving the ball forward today and didn't look as slow as lately.

kattanib

One main thing I hope Pedri develops well is Flair .. that is the main thing he is missing imo, the more often artistic touches

Messi983

I like that he has started to take long shots, was close both against Valladolid and Bilbao. Koeman probably encouraged him to shot when in good position. Don't expect him to ever be a great goal scoring midfielder but if he can score 5-7 goals every season I'll take that.

vegitot

One main thing I hope Pedri develops well is Flair .. that is the main thing he is missing imo, the more often artistic touches

He has his flair. When he was with Las Palmas and at the begining of season (vs Juventus for example). But more and more game he has reduced his flair from the game.

Andresito

Staff member

What, at the start of the season he was criticized for trying flicks and things too often and was told by people in here play more simple.

fergus90

I like that he has started to take long shots, was close both against Valladolid and Bilbao. Koeman probably encouraged him to shot when in good position. Don't expect him to ever be a great goal scoring midfielder but if he can score 5-7 goals every season I'll take that.

He's definitely going to score from outside the box soon. One thing I have to say it was good to hear Gerry Armstrong back on commentary. Armstrong on commentary, Laporta in the director's box, Barca playing superbly in a final. It felt like 2006-2011 all over again!

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

He brigs a lot of stability in our mid. That cannot be underestimated. He's taken more of the controller role lately and also doing lot of dirty defensive work. People, who shit on him are dorks and i'm saying that as a "Pooge fanboy".

FinBarcelonafan

He brigs a lot of stability in our mid. That cannot be underestimated. He's taken more of the controller role lately and also doing lot of dirty defensive work. People, who shit on him are dorks and i'm saying that as a "Pooge fanboy".

True but I think we all want to see more through balls and goals from him. He has had some good chances. Hopefully those come with time. Sometimes it's easy to forget he is so freaking young!

Kuchi

Just can't wrap my head on why we getting these type of players, 1.6m, zero physically. who can't shoot or win a running duel with a defender. Even Iniesta & Xavi would have it hard nowadays, especially since the teams that beat us regularly learned that muscling us, pressing us is the way...and they are gods.

Yes, he controls the ball, stabilizes possession, but has NO impact in the "business end" of our attacks, most of the time looks like a scared dear in the headlights, looking for Messi.

I like his commitment, but his profile and skills are not of much help against the likes of Bayern, Liverpool, Real.

Still young I know, but we lose because we are a team of fragile midgets, both physically & mentally and we just get more fragile midgets (it's an exaggeration to make a point, I don't mean any offence).

Minguezas, Araujos....get them type of players, that actually can be intimidating, that can win a header, that can run, that wont be disintegrated by a proper footballer.

Last edited:

gasgas

Just can't wrap my head on why we getting these type of players, 1.6m, zero physically. who can't shoot or win a running duel with a defender. Even Iniesta & Xavi would have it hard nowadays, especially since the teams that beat us regularly learned that muscling us, pressing us is the way...and they are gods.

Yes, he controls the ball, stabilizes possession, but has NO impact in the "business end" of our attacks, most of the time looks like a scared dear in the headlights, looking for Messi.

I like his commitment, but his profile and skills are not of much help against the likes of Bayern, Liverpool, Real.

Still young I know, but we lose because we are a team of fragile midgets, both physically & mentally and we just get more fragile midgets (it's an exaggeration to make a point, I don't mean any offence).

Minguezas, Araujos....get them type of players, that actually can be intimidating, that can win a header, that can run, that wont be disintegrated by a proper footballer.

I think he would be fine if his midfield partners are de jkng and ilaiz

Bobo32

I thought he was both quick, daring, and pretty strong (such a marginal thing in football though, no point even talking about it) in the first half of the season.
As the season progressed he got slower, safer and weaker. I don't care if a player is slow and weak, and I want most players to play safe, but he was never very strong positionally or in his decisions either, now he is just making pointless passes too much.
He is young and can improve, but it is telling that his age is always part of the praise. Remains to be seen how much he will improve.

FinBarcelonafan

I thought he was both quick, daring, and pretty strong (such a marginal thing in football though, no point even talking about it) in the first half of the season.
As the season progressed he got slower, safer and weaker. I don't care if a player is slow and weak, and I want most players to play safe, but he was never very strong positionally or in his decisions either, now he is just making pointless passes too much.
He is young and can improve, but it is telling that his age is always part of the praise. Remains to be seen how much he will improve.

Lack of bench is problem. He shouldn't start every game. That's obvious.

raedkuwait

Do any one else feel, that every time he tries to shoot the ball, u get the feeling that he is going to injuer him self from shooting, cause u c his face he is not comforable at all after the shot.

Home of Barca Fans