Mason Greenwood

MTL_Barca

Getting a youth player into the starting lineup is like hitting the jackpot, especially on the most expensive positions. But it's not the only thing missing currently. La Masia isn't bad, it's not like these players can't be used by a good coach. Even if not Xavi, Iniesta, Messi level they can still contribute.

Next board needs to get key transfers right and don't mindlessly spent money on players nobody needs. If you have a working core it's easy to throw in some young players but we can't expect to fix their shitty squad management with youth players. I'd say the key for United seems to be Bruno who plays amazing this far, making the whole team stronger. That's the kind of reinforcement our midfield needs as well, next to a new forward.

FinBarcelonafan

Getting a youth player into the starting lineup is like hitting the jackpot, especially on the most expensive positions. But it's not the only thing missing currently. La Masia isn't bad, it's not like these players can't be used by a good coach. Even if not Xavi, Iniesta, Messi level they can still contribute.

Next board needs to get key transfers right and don't mindlessly spent money on players nobody needs. If you have a working core it's easy to throw in some young players but we can't expect to fix their shitty squad management with youth players. I'd say the key for United seems to be Bruno who plays amazing this far, making the whole team stronger. That's the kind of reinforcement our midfield needs as well, next to a new forward.

No one player is going to fix our team though. You can put prime Ronaldo there and we still suck.

United have built their team for years. Finally they got it right.

JamDav1982

There is hell of a lot of English talent coming through now compared to a few years ago.

Remember there was some French youth coach on tv few years ago saying England was where the next lot of top youngsters were emerging.

Tackle

Let's not forget United have been shite for 7 years on the trot now and have had countless transfer flops. It is also not like they have "arrived" yet and joined the big boys. They've shown some improvement recently, but let's not get carried away here. They're still 5th in the table behind the likes of Leicester City and a Chelsea side that have only recently begun a new project.

Next board will sign many flops and team will struggle for many years. To have a quick turnaround either La Masia needs to produce a few world class players for free or we have to hit multiple spectacular buys on the transfer market. Neither is very likely. Look at how long it took Klopp to build Liverpool up into a top side again even though he took most of the right steps. Most of his big buys were before the Neymar buy-out ruined transfer fees as well. Thankfully for them we handed him a cool 140m to buy Alisson and Van Dijk.

Next board might not even be the ones to return us to the top. President's have a term of 6 years and if we're still struggling at that point, which is definite possibility they will be dumped for another management team.

MTL_Barca

No one player is going to fix our team though. You can put prime Ronaldo there and we still suck.

United have built their team for years. Finally they got it right.

Well of course not, but for example the midfield could look a lot better with another good addition next to Frenkie and Pjanic i guess.

What i meant was more that we'd need like 3-4 actual good signings on key positions and then we can think about the young guys. Thats better than buying 10 bums that also take away minutes for la masia.

Easier said than done of course especially now but the club definitely had the money and the time to do so. At this point it will take time though, even if (big if) the next board get's everything right they won't be able to fix this mess in just one summer.

Also not so sure about United in general as they were horrible for years while "building", but Bruno is just the kind of impact i'd like to see from a Barca signing again. Last time the Barca team as a whole got noticeably better was like...2014? That's 6 years ago and the club even wasted an unimaginable amount of money in the meantime.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Well of course not, but for example the midfield could look a lot better with another good addition next to Frenkie and Pjanic i guess.

What i meant was more that we'd need like 3-4 actual good signings on key positions and then we can think about the young guys. Thats better than buying 10 bums that also take away minutes for la masia.

Easier said than done of course especially now but the club definitely had the money and the time to do so. At this point it will take time though, even if (big if) the next board get's everything right they won't be able to fix this mess in just one summer.

Also not so sure about United in general as they were horrible for years while "building", but Bruno is just the kind of impact i'd like to see from a Barca signing again. Last time the team as a whole got noticeably better was...2014? That's 6 years ago and the club even wasted an unimaginable amount of money in the meantime.

It is completely impossible for a new signing to come into Barca and have the impact Bruno has had at United.

If Barca signed him he would be quickly disilliusioned at being punted out to the wing or in rigid CM to protect the senior players.

Barca old guard want slow football based on getting ball to Messi and protecting the legs of Messi, Suarez etc and allowing them to have freedom outwith team as a unit.

Riordon

In the beginning of their rebuild their signings were all over the place and mostly to please fans. This combined with a bad choice of coaches lead to a long rebuild. Now they have got Ole who is very clear about his playing style and they are buying after it. 1-3 signings and I can see them win PL and be CL-contenders.

Our rebuild will be just as bad. In the beginning many big signings just to please fans until someone with sense take over. This happened before for a long time until Laporte came.

MTL_Barca

It is completely impossible for a new signing to come into Barca and have the impact Bruno has had at United.

If Barca signed him he would be quickly disilliusioned at being punted out to the wing or in rigid CM to protect the senior players.

Barca old guard want slow football based on getting ball to Messi and protecting the legs of Messi, Suarez etc and allowing them to have freedom outwith team as a unit.

Well then let's say i'd like to see that in an imaginary fairytale land where amigos don't run the club :lol:

khaled_a_d

There is hell of a lot of English talent coming through now compared to a few years ago.

Remember there was some French youth coach on tv few years ago saying England was where the next lot of top youngsters were emerging.

That is true.
In late 90's early 2000's it was Spain doing so, a decade or less after that it was Germany, few years later it was France and finally it is now England.
Spain itself hasn't been doing well tbh, people complain about La Masia but Liga clubs in general hasn't been producing such world class players as they used to do.

FinBarcelonafan

In the beginning of their rebuild their signings were all over the place and mostly to please fans. This combined with a bad choice of coaches lead to a long rebuild. Now they have got Ole who is very clear about his playing style and they are buying after it. 1-3 signings and I can see them win PL and be CL-contenders.

Our rebuild will be just as bad. In the beginning many big signings just to please fans until someone with sense take over. This happened before for a long time until Laporte came.

True. I expect similar growing pains as ManU.

Porque

That is true.
In late 90's early 2000's it was Spain doing so, a decade or less after that it was Germany, few years later it was France and finally it is now England.
Spain itself hasn't been doing well tbh, people complain about La Masia but Liga clubs in general hasn't been producing such world class players as they used to do.

England overhauled and invested hugely in changing the coaching syllabus. Taking what was working in countries like Spain and France and replicating it there. It took some years to come to fruition but now we are seeing the benefits in the youth categories.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Yeah because greenwood is going to leave his insanely rich (richer than Barcelona) currently well run boyhood club for a club struggling to even pay its players to the point they're selling them to balance their checkbooks. Leave a young squad filled with potential for a geriatric midfield and front line filled with 30+ year olds.

Yeah, right.

Chill out dude it wasn't a realistic remark it's the 2nd to 3rd game I've ever seen him play lol I also know this board is retarded and he's most likely not willing to leave.

feggydinho

This is so true, and the slow football is getting tiring

Home of Barca Fans