14 - Javier Mascherano

Richard.H

Getting back on topic: I don't really understand why Barca would sign Masch. Why the hell would Pep bench Busquets? Or why the hell would Masch be benched? Why not buy a cheap backup DM, like Senna?

Seamus

Getting back on topic: I don't really understand why Barca would sign Masch. Why the hell would Pep bench Busquets? Or why the hell would Masch be benched? Why not buy a cheap backup DM, like Senna?

Because Mascherano is better?? More ability going forward?? And is more creative than Senna?? He wont bench Busquets but Mascherano would be a great back up for any of the midfield if god forbid one of them gets injured

Richard.H

Because Mascherano is better?? More ability going forward?? And is more creative than Senna?? He wont bench Busquets but Mascherano would be a great back up for any of the midfield if god forbid one of them gets injured

What? So you really expect Masch would accept a bench role if he comes to Barca? As a backup if Busquets, Xavi, or Iniesta get injured? That would seriously ruin a confidence of a player that is hailed as the greatest DM in the EPL.

Seamus

No but this thing they call rotation would work?? Do you really expect Pedro/Bojan/Ibra to love warming the bench?? No??

And Mascherano is only 26 so good few years left in him yet

Richard.H

No but this thing they call rotation would work?? Do you really expect Pedro/Bojan/Ibra to love warming the bench?? No??

And Mascherano is only 26 so good few years left in him yet

Rotation doesn't work under pep? have you forgot?

tonio7

and what if we end up playing with 3 at the back?
might sound stupid, but since Mascherano is more of a holding mid, he might just play in front of the defense...
oh hell, I'm just throwing it out there as an idea.

Trequartista

The good
and what if we end up playing with 3 at the back?
might sound stupid, but since Mascherano is more of a holding mid, he might just play in front of the defense...
oh hell, I'm just throwing it out there as an idea.

Busquetes does the same thing,with Busqutes we play more like 3-4-3 in possession because he drops back giving more freedom to Pique and our fullbacks.

tonio7

I know, and I agree with whoever doesn't want Sergi on the bench just cause Masch is coming over...
and personally, don't like the Argentine.

iced1776

Adriano will never start over Abidal, even if we are going full out attack. Abidal was actually quite good going forward last year, it was the biggest improvement in his game. I would also guess that Busquets will ALWAYS start over Masch.

Trequartista

The good
I know, and I agree with whoever doesn't want Sergi on the bench just cause Masch is coming over...
and personally, don't like the Argentine.

not about liking and disliking,he is a good player but if it was up to me,Busi would be my first choice,I dont know whether I am happy because we have finally ended the DMF debate or sad because 2 world class players will compete for one place and because I will not see one of my favourite players in Barca(Busi) a lot this season,lets wait and see how Pep uses them,maybe we will play with both of them sometimes if we play with 2 attacking fullbacks((Alves,Adriano),lets wait and see

Home of Barca Fans