14 - Javier Mascherano

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
How long does one have to play at centerback to be called a true centerback? In my books 6 years ought to be enough.

Last edited:

MasChe

only thing wrong he did today was that moment with Guidetti, and that is not a clear mistake from him, as there might have been a foul.

MasChe

How long does one have to play at centerback to be called a true centerback. In my books 6 years ought to be enough.
If Roberto would play 2 games as CB he would probably still get more credit. But joke aside, I don't believe that comments regarding him not being real CB are very serious, most of them are just sarcasm.

F

Flavia

Mascherano equals Ronald Koeman for FC Barcelona appearances

WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
02/15/2016 10:30

The Argentinian played his 264th game for Barça on Sunday night, thus equalling the tally of the current Southampton manager

1280X720-MASCHERANO_KOEMAN_264_PARTITS-ENG.v1455532620.jpg

Javier Mascherano made his 264th appearance for FC Barcelona against Celta on Sunday night, thus drawing level with the ‘hero of Wembley 1992’, Ronald Koeman, as he rises up the list of the foreigners with the most games for Barça.

In five seasons at the club, the Argentinian has won 15 major trophies, compared to the Dutchman’s 12, including two Champions Leagues, three Ligas and two Club World Cups.

Mascherano came to Barcelona from Liverpool in 2010, originally as a defensive midfielder, although at Barça he was used more and more as a central defender, and that eventually became his most regular position, the same as Koeman. Both players have also worn the captain’s armband.

Cocu next

If he plays on Wednesday against Sporting Gijón, Mascherano will edge ahead of Koeman to 265 games. The next player on the list is also from Holland, Cocu, who has played 292 times for FCB, the second highest number ever for a foreign import.

klc123

How long does one have to play at centerback to be called a true centerback? In my books 6 years ought to be enough.

In any other team in the world Mascherano would be a DCM. For Argentina he is still a DCM. It's just that our defence requires players with the same skillset normally only found in good DCM's.

I think Mascherano is one of the unsung heroes in the team, he is a fantastic player.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
I personally found his passing to be lacking in accuracy yesterday, particularly in the first half but maybe that was due to celta's high press

F

Flavia

I personally found his passing to be lacking in accuracy yesterday, particularly in the first half but maybe that was due to celta's high press

Strange. His passing accuracy was 91.4% yesterday. Just lost to Arda, who had 100%. Masch also had the most passes in the game, 81. 20 long balls, and 16 were accurate.

Home of Barca Fans