14 - Javier Mascherano

Rivaldo

Lol...excuse my poor photoshop skills.

Mascherano would be great but I wouldn't pay more than 25 million.

We should just get a decent DM like Hulk or M.diarra and spend our big money on a striker or winger.

beef-supreme

Hmmm interesting thoughts Rivaldo.
As Fourteen said, Hulk is not a defensive midfielder...
And secondly, why would we sign Diarra when he will be away in Africa when our other Africans would be away too? Kinda pointless imo since we'd be overloading the squad with similar players (Keita, Diarra, Yaya and Busquets) during the season, and suddenly there would be an imbalance with 3 of those midfielders leaving to Africa.

Sorry, just seen that you made assumptions based on his name.
The thing is, why would you make assumptions like that? Seeing as you only "guessed" Hulk was a DM because of his name, it means that you have never seen him play, and therefore you can't really have an opinion on him, and whether or not he would suit Barca.

Beast, keep that broken old man away from Barcelona. It's one thing to say that Zidane looked like he would spit his lungs out when he played; he didn't exactly have a youthful aura, but Emerson? Seriously I'm surprised he doesn't play in a wheelchair.

Rivaldo

I always thought Diarra was french :blush:

I saw Hulk against Man United and people were saying he was good, I don't know why I assumed he was a DM. But that's not the point, we could get a good DM for cheap instead of shelling out big bucks for Mascherano, we could be funding liverpool to make a bid for Villa. :thumbdown:

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
I always thought Diarra was french :blush:

I saw Hulk against Man United and people were saying he was good, I don't know why I assumed he was a DM. But that's not the point, we could get a good DM for cheap instead of shelling out big bucks for Mascherano, we could be funding liverpool to make a bid for Villa. :thumbdown:
Why do we need a holding midfielder when we have Yaya and Busquets ?

Z

Zin

Why do we need a holding midfielder when we have Yaya and Busquets ?

Exactly. Most of you are showing no appreciation for these two. Busquets is a diamond in the rough who came out and had a great season under Pep, and is now part of the Spain NT.

Yaya is the world's best DM, and showed us time and time again he is dedicated to the squad, and has come through for us at some of the toughest times we have gone through this season. Remember, he's the one who pulled off that golazo against Athletic in the Cup final that got us jump started into that rout. I think this is a travesty that Javier is even mentioned, sure he's a great player, but we have Yaya, he dominates midfields like none other and can play anywhere he is asked to play. If anything happens that jeproadizes Yaya's place in the team, I will ask serious questions of Txiki.

Home of Barca Fans