Eduardo Camavinga

FC433

^
I like his profile, but I would not really bother following him. There is zero chance that we are going to get him, and apparently, PSG is following him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Incredible that 17-year-old Eduardo Camavinga, born in 2002, is fourth in most won tackles (56) in Europe's top 5 leagues this season. 9 won tackles from Wilfred Ndidi in first place.</p>— Maxi (@MaaxiAngelo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaaxiAngelo/status/1201912375345078272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Real Madrid interested according to l'Equipe. Probably a midfielder-type Barca should be interested in.

Riordon

Instead of wasting 100m+ on Fabian Ruiz we should get this guy for 50m and Thiago for 30-40m even if he's getting older. Would probably be a wiser investment.

Something I can get behind. If Camavinga is already Real bound, Thomas Partey for 50m wouldn't be a bad deal either.

khaled_a_d

But, but...

...we have Rakitić.

We -club and coach- wanted him out last summer.
We should have accepted any offer we got tbh. The whole situation was a mess.
Raki won't factor in any future signings. At worst he will let his contract end in 2021

Newcomer

Real Madrid interested according to l'Equipe. Probably a midfielder-type Barca should be interested in.

PSG is heavily interested in him too.

PSG kinda see him as the Mbappé of midfielder and wants him to play for the best club in France before he leaves the country.

Rennes is aware of his hype and his suitors and wants to keep him and then sell him for a very big fee. They value him at 60-100 M€ right now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
PSG is heavily interested in him too.

PSG kinda see him as the Mbappé of midfielder and wants him to play for the best club in France before he leaves the country.

Rennes is aware of his hype and his suitors and wants to keep him and then sell him for a very big fee. They value him at 60-100 M€ right now.

I don't think he'll go for more than 70m max. Would be crazy if he end up costing more than Ndombele.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like Barca are interested right now. He's the kind of midfielder we lack. Defensively a beast, mobile, fast, actually has a good passing range.

For the price of Fabian Ruiz who will likely cost 110-120m, Barca could potentially get Camavinga and Thiago, which allows them to develop the likes of Riqui Puig, Ilaix Moriba and others.

Some people are going to get mad I mentioned Thiago, but we need two midfielders and we cannot just have a team of young talents. I would have him over Eriksen, he's a better fit for our midfield and he would presumably be available for a reasonable fee with him having a year left on his contract and Bayern making room for Kai Havertz.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I don't think he'll go for more than 70m max. Would be crazy if he end up costing more than Ndombele.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like Barca are interested right now. He's the kind of midfielder we lack. Defensively a beast, mobile, fast, actually has a good passing range.

For the price of Fabian Ruiz who will likely cost 110-120m, Barca could potentially get Camavinga and Thiago, which allows them to develop the likes of Riqui Puig, Ilaix Moriba and others.

Some people are going to get mad I mentioned Thiago, but we need two midfielders and we cannot just have a team of young talents. I would have him over Eriksen, he's a better fit for our midfield and he would presumably be available for a reasonable fee with him having a year left on his contract and Bayern making room for Kai Havertz.

You know, I am really starting to buy the Thiago thing.

Newcomer

I don't believe either he will go for that much.

In fact, there is a suspicion this article linking Real Madrid to the player has been done on behalf of Rennes sporting director. Letang was known to be an informant of l'Equipe when he was working for PSG. It can be a news piece to drive the price up.

Messi983

We -club and coach- wanted him out last summer.
We should have accepted any offer we got tbh. The whole situation was a mess.
Raki won't factor in any future signings. At worst he will let his contract end in 2021

I think a problem here is that the only real offer we've had (besides trying to include him in Neymar deal) was probably from Juve who wanted a swap deal for Emre Can (and maybe Bernardeschi with us paying some additional money; we could use a winger but Bernardeschi is average and Italians also never worked in Barça). And in that case I prefer to keep Raki for another season than get another useless midfielder on a long term contract.

khaled_a_d

I think a problem here is that the only real offer we've had (besides trying to include him in Neymar deal) was probably from Juve who wanted a swap deal for Emre Can (and maybe Bernardeschi with us paying some additional money; we could use a winger but Bernardeschi is average and Italians also never worked in Barça). And in that case I prefer to keep Raki for another season than get another useless midfielder on a long term contract.

I think this was partly because we wanted a good financial offer. I doubt Juve would hesitated if we allowed Raki to leave for almost free. Several other clubs might have been interested too.

snowy

et Z I just checked, Real, Manu and BVB are also looking to sign him. I'm guessing his agent will ask for some kind of assurances of playtime and BVB might give it same as they did with Bouze. However, with Set playing on merit, we immediately become attractive to rising talents so that's a green light.

His winner vs Lyon was rad! similar type of composure to Gravenberch's one vs Sparta the other day

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans