Eduardo Camavinga

Laplacian

A 20 year old Drogba was in French's 2nd division & made 0 goals in 2 apperances. Haaland is galaxies ahead of Drogba.

And I doubt Drogba would be worth 150M. He was inconsistent in his prime, scored 20+ league goals in 2 out of 8 seasons for Chelsea. Bar 09/10 (when he was 31 years of age), he was never in conversation as the best No.9 in the world. I wouldn't say Drogba was "loyal" considering he openly tried force his way out from Chelsea on numerous times (I do respect his honesty). In today's world with social media, a player would get 100x more backlash if he wants to quit on his team.

Good post.

There are some users here with some really weird bias against certain famous young players for various reasons, and consequently love to rate players far below the level of performances they're actually putting out. Whether it'd be bad luck with and therefor dislike towards Bundesliga players; or Dembele being placed as Mbappe rival in 2017, and we ended up gambling on the huge dud and missing out on the actual star; disliking short players; nostalgia, and so on.

Comparing Haaland to Drogba is just another one of the inane and frankly hilarious comparisons I've read here.

FC433

Rennes are open to selling Camavinga for about €30m (?25.7m) because they could otherwise lose him for nothing next summer, when his contract is due to expire. He has been a long-term target for United and other clubs, notably Paris Saint-Germain, are also interested.
Reliable? not familiar with English sources

malvolio

Doesn't have to be reliable in this case. If Camavinga's contract expires next summer then Rennes has to sell.

Aren't these loans with obligation to buy affecting this year's finances in some way? Aren't you supposed to have the cash in the bank as a collateral, to make sure you are able to pay for him next year?

Newcomer

I swear if camavinga joins PSG and Harry Kane City,

I will change my opinion on Super League ( only if it's open )

Camavinga is a "nothing" player right now. Lot of hype, but he was benchwarmer at Rennes after his first breakthrough season. It is an opportunity of market but i would buy another player to strengthen the midfield. He is maybe a future top player but i'm not even sure he is a starter at PSG now and PSG need a top midfielder.

Imo, Harry Kane at City will happen. News about Tottenham trying to get Lautaro Martinez. It will get through. I'm more interested in the price City will pay.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans